U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 03:33 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,245,342 times

Advertisements

We have a friend who lives in Henderson and he told us that builders will pay your mortgage for a year if you buy one of his already built homes.
forgot to add we were thinking of moving to NC from Fl which we moved to three years ago from Ca and what a mistake we made. HOI is sky high as is property tax.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2007, 04:15 PM

14,218 posts, read 27,671,063 times
There's all kinds of spiffs and extras out there right now. Just be careful because you very rarely get something worth having for nothing. Chances are they are recouping that money elsewhere. And it's still coming right out of your pocket.

I would make sure I had a good realtor. After all, you don't pay them, the seller does. Be sure you get an inspection too. Even though it's a new house.

Old 08-24-2007, 04:52 PM

I know what you mean.In the late 80's we were looking to upgrade in CA and saw a home (new construction) that we liked. The price was $400,000 but the builder said he would cut us a check for $50,000 when we closed. We passed on the "$400,000" home thank goodness because a year later they were selling for $320,000.
We just want to get back out west and what I posted above sounded like we could without stressing so much about getting this home sold.

Old 08-24-2007, 07:05 PM

15,756 posts, read 35,545,560 times
Note that the standing inventory is almost gone. Probably not 60 days left and very few good deals. I think you are late for that party.

On the other hand the builders are working like mad to get cost effective product on the market and the resale market is loaded with opportunity.

Old 08-24-2007, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Note that the standing inventory is almost gone. Probably not 60 days left and very few good deals. I think you are late for that party.

On the other hand the builders are working like mad to get cost effective product on the market and the resale market is loaded with opportunity.
Thanks for the info. I think NC is sounding better every day and Charlotte has the airport that is the hub to our airliner we always take so better deals there and also non stop flights to SF bay area to see the grandkids.

Old 08-25-2007, 01:40 PM

2,652 posts, read 8,144,285 times
Just make sure you do several trips to NC before you move. You mentioned moving to FL was a mistake. Don't make it 2.

Old 08-25-2007, 03:54 PM

41 posts, read 205,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post

Olecapt, I am waiting to buy a new house by the end of this year (Nov-Dec/the earliest that we could), Is it too late?

Right now, I noticed there are lot of incentives from new home builders (up to 100k) for standing inventory. but your statement above indicates that the incentives may be gone by then.

Any opinions?

Old 08-25-2007, 04:56 PM

89 posts, read 283,819 times
Default Crash has just started

The crash in real estate prices has just started. We've just had the largest credit bubble in history. Familiarize yourself with Austrian economics to see how bad it's going to get.

Old 08-25-2007, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke9686 View Post
Just make sure you do several trips to NC before you move. You mentioned moving to FL was a mistake. Don't make it 2.
That is my fear also so we are going back in mid Sept. We also have friends in Boone and they love NC. Fl is just in my opinion sending people packing with the high property taxes and now all the ins companys getting out of the state. That was a shocker to us when Allstate did that to us. We want to save money not spend more like we are now doing. We are lucking though that my husband has a job where we can live anywhere and still do his job.

Old 08-25-2007, 10:08 PM

15,756 posts, read 35,545,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneway View Post
Olecapt, I am waiting to buy a new house by the end of this year (Nov-Dec/the earliest that we could), Is it too late?

Right now, I noticed there are lot of incentives from new home builders (up to 100k) for standing inventory. but your statement above indicates that the incentives may be gone by then.

Any opinions?
It is getting late. Over the last year the builders have closed 4000 more homes than they have pulled permits. Estimate are less than a six week inventory and dropping rapidly. There may be a few around at the end of the year but they are likely dogs. Then again dogs often have high incentives...and ones persons dog is anothers dream house.

I would in general recommend working never lived in or lightly lived in resales...probably a better deal as some of those people get squeezed. On those the incentives will be in the price.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: