Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 02:23 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,947,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
We got a lot of that, too. Teens in lame, no-effort "costumes." One wore a cereal box on his head and asked for candy donations "for the pandas." (And a few teenagers dressed in, "Your parents let you out of the house dressed like that? Really?" costumes.)

I don't understand that at all. When I was a teenager, Halloween was for going to Halloween parties. Not for getting free candy. And the "treat" I was looking for back then definitely was not chocolate-based.
It was definitely about candy for us, but I don't blame people for not having parties at their homes for teenage kids. They do not know how to act respectful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2011, 05:39 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,501,960 times
We had mostly Ben Bernake costumes, followed by a few Nancy Pelosi's dragging her boobs (Obama, Biden and Reid) on the ground behind her. We treated them with candy. They, in return, tricked us with Healthcare Reform.

Yeah, one could say the costumes we saw were a good indication of the economy.

It was so cute this year, especially for little girls and boys to have a political figure to emulate. Here's a pic of next-door neighbor's 9-year old daughter:
Spoiler

Last edited by jfkIII; 11-05-2011 at 06:29 PM..

Old 11-05-2011, 10:33 PM

194 posts, read 398,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
really our HD (5th st.) is a ghost town.... our Lowes (jones and craig) is busy
Our lowes in cent. Hills is utterly empty, never seen more than 50 cars there in the 10 times I've probably been there. Id guess if things don't pick up in a few years theyll close shop and I'll be trekking to home depot.

Overhead must be massive in that huge place. 20 years ago when i worked at home depot we were doing half million in sales some days. I doubt that lowes can even do that in a month.

Old 11-06-2011, 02:12 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
We had mostly Ben Bernake costumes, followed by a few Nancy Pelosi's dragging her boobs (Obama, Biden and Reid) on the ground behind her. We treated them with candy. They, in return, tricked us with Healthcare Reform.

Yeah, one could say the costumes we saw were a good indication of the economy.

It was so cute this year, especially for little girls and boys to have a political figure to emulate. Here's a pic of next-door neighbor's 9-year old daughter:

Thanks for this post, really gave me a tickle.

I've really enjoyed reading the LV forum in the past but it seems lately someone always has to interject their political spin. I though LV was a place of live and let live but it is scaring me now as it seems it's live and let live as long as you feel the way I do about everything. +1
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas