Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 08:44 PM

16 posts, read 35,301 times

Advertisements

Hi there. I have lived in Centennial Hills Las Vegas for 14 years and could think of anywhere else. Both area are newer. Most built in 2004 when our boom started. Prices have come down about 60% in some neighborhoods.

I can tell you there is more major shopping and amenities in Centennial Hills area. Mountain Edge has a few miles to get to shopping, restaurants and malls.

This is the area Community Website: AnnRd | Facebook. Hope this helps.

Video from Councilman Ross, Ward 6 serving Centennial Hills: http://youtu.be/v3CMDMUMmr0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nctolv2011 View Post
I'm relocating to the Las Vegas area for my job. I'm very unfamiliar with the suburbs of Las Vegas and am hoping that someone can school me on which area is better for myself and my daughter to live in. My job has offered corporate housing in either the Centennial Hills area (off of W Centennial Pkwy), or in the Enterprise area (off of Blue Diamond, close to Mountains Edge). I've found preschools in both areas that I like, so it's really just a matter of which area is better in terms of safety and having alot to offer in terms of restaurants, malls, etc. I will be working from home so daily commute isn't an issue. I appreciate an help that you can offer!

Last edited by rrbridges; 12-04-2011 at 09:57 PM.. Reason: Add video
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2019, 12:04 AM

44 posts, read 49,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by owelles View Post
Centennial Hills has a LOT more retail nearby. Much was promised for the Mountains Edge area, but the economy stopped some of those plans. There is some shopping on Blue Diamond between Decatur and I-15 (Kohl's, Target, etc.), but it pales in comparison to the options in Centennial Hills.

You'll find that many people on this forum live in the northwest and enjoy it. I'm a proponent of the southwest part of town, but if shopping is a major priority with you, I'd lean toward Centennial Hills.

Centennial Hills retail consists mainly of Walmart and other low grade big box or small box retailers. Actually, it is the worst retail in the whole valley, unless you are into Walmart, Target or Home Depot or consume a lot of poor quality fast food franchises.

Old 03-05-2019, 01:41 AM

1,927 posts, read 1,057,348 times
Pretty much all the valley has the same low-end retail. I know this is a necro....

Vegas is a giant suburb. Strip mall and tract housing everywhere.

You might have a choice of which era your tract housing got built to include ranchers vs Spanish colonials and to some extent lot size.

Even in the nicest parts it's either "custom" ranchers or 2 level colonials in every configuration you can imagine.

Older ones have no insulation, ****ty windows, and maybe a large pool. Newer ones are probably energy star, likely no pool, and low-e.

Old 03-06-2019, 04:43 PM

2,114 posts, read 2,345,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
Centennial Hills has a little more finished look to it, but nothing wrong with either. Both have different advantages. In the SW you have Bass Pro Shop, Red Rock Canyon, Spring Mountain Ranch, and you are a little closer to LA. In the NW you have Boca Park and Tule Springs, and are a little closer to the mountains...and Reno.

Both are good areas.
I'm in Centennial Hills and Red Rock Canyon is probably 20 minutes from my house.

I have lived in the Northwest since 1998. The growth has been incredible. Which area would be best for you depends largely upon where you will be working.

Old 03-07-2019, 10:01 PM

2,719 posts, read 3,490,637 times
An old thread resurrected.

Fast forward to March 2019 Enterprise and Spring Valley are better than Centennial Hills area. Lots of brand new, newer and still on the planning stages of SFRs, apts, condos, townhomes, parks, schools, hospitals, shopping, dining, entertainment.....

Old 03-07-2019, 10:18 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,347,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkcty View Post
An old thread resurrected.

Fast forward to March 2019 Enterprise and Spring Valley are better than Centennial Hills area. Lots of brand new, newer and still on the planning stages of SFRs, apts, condos, townhomes, parks, schools, hospitals, shopping, dining, entertainment.....
Nonsense. There are areas in the SW that are quite nice. There are areas that are not so nice. It is much older and has more age deterioration than does Centennial Hills.

And the correct comparison of the SW is the NW or Southern Henderson. And it probably finishes third though I do not claim the spread is wide. In general when you get to that level you really need to compare the tracts not the areas...too much overlap. Is Tournament Hills better than Spanish Trail or Anthem Country Club? Flip a coin.

Old 03-07-2019, 11:23 PM

2,719 posts, read 3,490,637 times
You're a realtor with hidden agenda, no comparison, Spring Valley and Enterprise both have so much more to offer than Centennial Hills without a doubt.

Old 03-08-2019, 02:43 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,347,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkcty View Post
You're a realtor with hidden agenda, no comparison, Spring Valley and Enterprise both have so much more to offer than Centennial Hills without a doubt.
Nope. Simply untrue. And a wrong comparison. Spring Valley and Enterprise are large unincorporated towns in Clark County. Centennial Hills is a neighborhood in the City of Las Vegas. A proper comparison for a similar area would be the Northwest. That involves the unincorporated town of Lone Mountain as well as the surrounding section of the City of Las Vegas and is around the same size as the other two towns.

We sell RE anywhere in the valley. We live in Lone Mountain but we have not done an RE transaction in it in a couple of years. We tend to sell to the mature market which is wide spread.

Old 03-08-2019, 11:07 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,262,053 times
We moved from Peccole Ranch to Lone Mtn. area near Cliff Shadows Rd. We are surrounded by mountains, amazing views of the city, quiet and clean. Before visitors come to the house they say how far it is, until they realize the highway is close so its a quick drive, and then see the mountains/views. I love it.

I have ventured down to the Centennial shopping area- always get lost. Crowded and a lot of stores. I feel like its faster to jump on the highway and go to the Summerlin area for shopping.

Old 03-08-2019, 12:15 PM

158 posts, read 175,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dltordj View Post
We moved from Peccole Ranch to Lone Mtn. area near Cliff Shadows Rd. We are surrounded by mountains, amazing views of the city, quiet and clean. Before visitors come to the house they say how far it is, until they realize the highway is close so its a quick drive, and then see the mountains/views. I love it.

I have ventured down to the Centennial shopping area- always get lost. Crowded and a lot of stores. I feel like its faster to jump on the highway and go to the Summerlin area for shopping.
I just saw the plans for the new city park and hiking trails off Cliff Shadows. It is going to be beautiful!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas