Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 11:11 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,244,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
When I receive the rejection letter I will post the reasons.
Ok, the rejection letter came in the mail today. It says this:

Principal reasons for credit denial, termination or cancellation:

Excessive obligations in relation to income

Garnishment, attachment, foreclosure, collection action, repossession or judgement.

Income insufficient

It then says this:

Your credit score is 691. Key factors that adversely affected your credit score:

(1) Derogatory public record or collection filed

(2) Length of time accounts have been established

(3) Time since derogatory public record or collection is too short

(4) Lack of recent installment loan information

********** place. My credit score isn't even that bad (I thought it was much worse). I have had a Capital One Mastercard with a $11,000 limit for the last three years with no late payments. This stupid OneNevada would not even give me a measly $1,000 limit credit card. I will let everyone I know about this this crappy credit union. It looks like their reviews are also terrible. I wonder why

One Nevada Credit Union
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2011, 12:19 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,949,242 times
LVD, it does indeed sound like you do have some credit issues. You can't blame a credit union for being responsible... unlike the big bank which so freely gave you that Mastercard. Do you honestly believe you would qualify for that Capital One card if you applied today?

The good news is that with enough time between now and that "derogatory public record or collection" and maintaining your consistent payment history, you'll be able to lower your debt-to-income ratio and improve that credit score to 800 or so. Keep it up.

Old 12-07-2011, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
LVD, it does indeed sound like you do have some credit issues. You can't blame a credit union for being responsible... unlike the big bank which so freely gave you that Mastercard. Do you honestly believe you would qualify for that Capital One card if you applied today?

The good news is that with enough time between now and that "derogatory public record or collection" and maintaining your consistent payment history, you'll be able to lower your debt-to-income ratio and improve that credit score to 800 or so. Keep it up.
Eventually all the bad marks will eventually fall off. I have not had any for the last 4 years. Honestly, I do not know if Capital One would qualify me today considering my income has fallen in half since losing my job.

Old 12-08-2011, 08:04 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,157,837 times
Quote:
Ok, the rejection letter came in the mail today. It says this:

Principal reasons for credit denial, termination or cancellation:

Excessive obligations in relation to income

Garnishment, attachment, foreclosure, collection action, repossession or judgement.

Income insufficient

It then says this:

Your credit score is 691. Key factors that adversely affected your credit score:

(1) Derogatory public record or collection filed

(2) Length of time accounts have been established

(3) Time since derogatory public record or collection is too short

(4) Lack of recent installment loan information

********** place. My credit score isn't even that bad (I thought it was much worse). I have had a Capital One Mastercard with a $11,000 limit for the last three years with no late payments. This stupid OneNevada would not even give me a measly $1,000 limit credit card. I will let everyone I know about this this crappy credit union. It looks like their reviews are also terrible. I wonder why

One Nevada Credit Union
The 2 comments on that website are pretty awful. Their comments sum up about 70% of the problems I had when I was with a Credit Union. They are not convenient at all.

Old 12-08-2011, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
The 2 comments on that website are pretty awful. Their comments sum up about 70% of the problems I had when I was with a Credit Union. They are not convenient at all.
Yes, at least will Wells Fargo I have access almost anywhere unlike a credit union.

Old 12-08-2011, 03:08 PM

8,418 posts, read 4,576,990 times
First, I'm not defending OneNevada CU, I've heard nothing but bad about them and wouldn't waste my time with them, but why do you need a branch of your bank/Cu on nearly every corner? What are you using these branches for? I'd be happy if my CU had one or two branches in the entire town (and then, just for emergencies). In the last 15 years I have gone to a branch at one of my CU's about 3 times.

Figure out their ATM network and do just about everything else online. I would not feel comfortable if I didn't have physical access to one local financial institution, but the rest are all a single day ACH transfer away.

Old 12-08-2011, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
First, I'm not defending OneNevada CU, I've heard nothing but bad about them and wouldn't waste my time with them, but why do you need a branch of your bank/Cu on nearly every corner? What are you using these branches for? I'd be happy if my CU had one or two branches in the entire town (and then, just for emergencies). In the last 15 years I have gone to a branch at one of my CU's about 3 times.

Figure out their ATM network and do just about everything else online. I would not feel comfortable if I didn't have physical access to one local financial institution, but the rest are all a single day ACH transfer away.
The atm access is the most important to me. I have also not been inside of the bank for years. My paychecks were always direct deposit, and I would use atm machines for cash withdrawals. If I used a Wells Fargo, they would be free. However, if I used another bank's atm I would get charged both by the other bank and Wells Fargo adding up to around five dollars. One Nevada's closet atm was 3 miles from me. With Wells Fargo, I have 3 that are under a mile away, one being across the street.

Old 12-08-2011, 06:19 PM

137 posts, read 221,460 times
Aren't credit unions associated with specific banks to allow customers to withdraw money? A number of them in CA are doing this and all ATM transactions at Bank X against your credit union account are free of charge. Just call a credit union and ask.

Old 12-08-2011, 06:58 PM

8,418 posts, read 4,576,990 times
Quote:
The atm access is the most important to me. I have also not been inside of the bank for years. My paychecks were always direct deposit, and I would use atm machines for cash withdrawals. If I used a Wells Fargo, they would be free. However, if I used another bank's atm I would get charged both by the other bank and Wells Fargo adding up to around five dollars. One Nevada's closet atm was 3 miles from me. With Wells Fargo, I have 3 that are under a mile away, one being across the street.
It's all about the ATM network, I use Alliant CU out of Chicago that now has free ATM at 800,000 places. All 7-Elevens are free for instance.

5 Credit Union Myths Busted - Current Rates, News and Information about Banks and Banking | Go Banking Rates

Credit unions really are the way to go. Just pick the right one.

Old 12-08-2011, 07:53 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,157,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
It's all about the ATM network, I use Alliant CU out of Chicago that now has free ATM at 800,000 places. All 7-Elevens are free for instance.

5 Credit Union Myths Busted - Current Rates, News and Information about Banks and Banking | Go Banking Rates

Credit unions really are the way to go. Just pick the right one.
That's the most important thing to do. They are not all equal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas