Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 11:34 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times

Advertisements

Too many kids playing outside in my neighborhood. I wish there were less. (noise factor.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2011, 08:29 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,835,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
Welcome to my world. It isn't any better in Sunrise.

Where I come from, if I was bored I'd hop on my bicycle and ride around until I saw a barbecue going on. Since it was a small town, I knew everyone there. And sometimes, I'd tell everyone I knew that I was having a barbecue, and 100 or so people would come by over the course of the day.

Nothing like that ever seems to happen around here.

Maybe if I bought a pig, dug a trench and did a Cuban pig roast, my neighbors might surprise me and drop by. But I'm not going to hold my breath.
We'll be in town Dec. 25-30 if you want to cook that pig.

Old 11-25-2011, 02:50 AM

59 posts, read 156,616 times
When I lived in Summerlin, the neighbor across the street from me would pull into his garage and not get out of his car until the garage door was closed behind him. Oddest people EVER in this town. You'd think the fact that people come from all over that they'd be MORE outgoing and in need of making new friends. Instead it's somehow the opposite.

Old 11-25-2011, 07:10 AM

13 posts, read 22,198 times
I justed moved to town a few weeks ago and tried to introduce myself and strike up a conversation with my neighbor over the fence in the back yard, and he quickly said hello and walked away

Oh well, at least the other neighbor was very welcoming and friendly

Old 11-25-2011, 08:21 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by papatoony View Post
When I lived in Summerlin, the neighbor across the street from me would pull into his garage and not get out of his car until the garage door was closed behind him. Oddest people EVER in this town. You'd think the fact that people come from all over that they'd be MORE outgoing and in need of making new friends. Instead it's somehow the opposite.
They're in Witness protection

Old 11-25-2011, 03:00 PM

369 posts, read 772,057 times
Use the Henderson Community centers. Residents
Parks and Recreation Department
Parks & Recreation - Recreation Centers and Programs

You should get a big book in the mail from the city seasonally with activities and classes from the city for everyone from toddlers to geezers (like me). Great stuuf for teens and parents in there.

Old 11-25-2011, 04:47 PM

4 posts, read 4,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_c View Post
Use the Henderson Community centers. Residents
Parks and Recreation Department
Parks & Recreation - Recreation Centers and Programs

You should get a big book in the mail from the city seasonally with activities and classes from the city for everyone from toddlers to geezers (like me). Great stuuf for teens and parents in there.
Thanks, Tom, we love the Multigen...just wondering if there were any neighborhoods that have that more built-in, if you know what I mean

Old 11-26-2011, 09:57 AM

59 posts, read 156,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
They're in Witness protection
LOL I never considered anything like that! I always took it as being neurotically anti-social.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas