Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 11:51 PM

241 posts, read 712,980 times

Advertisements

Hi. I am looking to rent a furnished place within a 15min of the strip for a couple months. I am familiar with Summerlin an Henderson as safer/nicer areas, but I am looking for something closer to the strip (not on the strip). Can be a house or a condo, ideally with a pool.

What neighbourhoods are safe/nice within this vicinity?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2011, 12:07 AM

30 posts, read 32,680 times
My parents rented a house not too far from the strip for about $1000 a month before buying their house this year. It had a pool and hot tub, 3 bed 2 car garage. I don't know what neighborhood it was in though. I think it was on Starflower. I personally found nothing wrong with the neighborhood, but my Dad said it wasn't even middle class and I thought it looked pretty AMAZING for being lower-middle class. It didn't take me that long to get to the strip from it..I don't even think 30 minutes. You could see the stratosphere from their house.

Old 12-07-2011, 01:04 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,340,514 times
Fifteen minutes walking or driving? And what does it matter if you're driving? Anywhere in this town is easy to get to from the Strip.

Why do people want to live close to the Strip? Is that all they intend to do when they move here? What happens when you find out there is a lot more to this town than just the Strip? And which part of the Strip? It's four miles long, then another four miles from the north end at Sahara Ave. to Fremont Street.

Anyway, it depends on what you can afford, and how dangerous you want to live. Most decent places to live close to the Strip are going to be expensive and gated, but there are some. Cheap places are mostly in the most dangerous part of town.

Old 12-07-2011, 01:08 AM

140 posts, read 277,433 times
I'd say Spring Valley, your best bet is Rainbow between roughly Trop and Desert Inn. It's nicer than same coordinates on Jones, though that's a possibility too.

Old 12-07-2011, 01:13 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,340,514 times
Possibly off of Eastern Ave, mostly the east side, from DI south as far as you want to go.

Old 12-07-2011, 02:05 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,152,514 times
How about 20 minutes instead? Does it have to be a Condo or house? Check out Arbour Pointe.

Old 12-07-2011, 02:09 AM

2,557 posts, read 4,566,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
Fifteen minutes walking or driving? And what does it matter if you're driving? Anywhere in this town is easy to get to from the Strip.

Why do people want to live close to the Strip? Is that all they intend to do when they move here? What happens when you find out there is a lot more to this town than just the Strip? And which part of the Strip? It's four miles long, then another four miles from the north end at Sahara Ave. to Fremont Street.

Anyway, it depends on what you can afford, and how dangerous you want to live. Most decent places to live close to the Strip are going to be expensive and gated, but there are some. Cheap places are mostly in the most dangerous part of town.
Living right by or on the strip is my worst nightmare.

Old 12-07-2011, 05:38 PM

241 posts, read 712,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post

15 minutes driving. I would be playing poker as my source of income for a couple months so proximity would be nice. I'm not planning on staying long-term. I understand that the strip isn't the only thing in town. I would prefer to be able to make it to the Venetian in 15-20 minutes by car. My budget is roughly 2k a month, but I would spend a bit more if needed.

Old 12-07-2011, 06:00 PM

10,864 posts, read 16,986,499 times
I can make it to the Venetian in 20 minutes, if the traffic lights cooperate. And I live right at the edge of town. After our house, it's nothing but desert and tumbleweeds.

The strip is easy to get to from just about anywhere.

Old 12-07-2011, 06:13 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,980,195 times
The op wants 2 months. Not going to find furnished house or condo that cheap. Option will be extended stay motel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas