U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2012, 08:52 PM

2,724 posts, read 4,370,999 times

Advertisements

"the club had begun loosening its rules to appeal to a wider audience."

So long, old bean.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2012, 09:06 PM

9,058 posts, read 13,103,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 license to sell View Post
That article is about the country club, which is not part of, nor affiliated with, the HOA.

Old 01-18-2014, 06:57 AM

123 posts, read 160,784 times
the most expensive HOA fees i read so far here

Old 01-18-2014, 10:51 AM

85 posts, read 169,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Just saw this thread as I had been out of the country when it was first posted.

Spanish Trail is made up of numerous smaller developments (Springs, Islands, Carmels, Links, Gardens, Estates, etc.) totaling over 1200 properties. As others have stated, there are actually two separate HOA fees; one for the master association and one for whatever subassociation you live in. The master association is $225/month and the subassociations charge anywhere from $200 - $300. The fees are reviewed annually and do rise. Although the master has stayed flat at $225 since I moved here, my subassociation fee has gone from $225 in 2010, to $235 in 2011 and now to $245 in 2012. There is no longer any separate assessment to be paid. That was a special assessment to cover the replacement/rebuilding of the two main gates as well as repair of the exterior wall around the entire development. (I had the previous owners pay the entire amount for me as part of my purchase agreement.)

The fees in Spanish Trail cover things that most HOAs don't. For example, the HOA painted my house over the summer and also replaced some broken tiles on my roof. My neighbors across the street are having there entire roofs replaced this week. (I haven't been notified yet whether mine will be done during this cycle.) Basically, the HOA covers all exterior maintenance as well as mowing the grass and doing the landscaping.

There are other little services/benefits as well. For example, while I was out of town, the roving security guards would come to my house several times a day to check to see that everything was okay. Yesterday, I had a dead car battery because we had left an interior light on overnight. I called the front gate and they sent the security guard over to jump start my car.

As has been noted, the country club is a separate entity. However, homeowners have access to the swimming pools, tennis courts and fitness center without having to join or paying any additional fees. Only the golf course and clubhouse activities (restaurants and special events) are off-limits to residents. Additionally, each of the villa/townhouse communities have their own community pools for residents of those communities.

If the OP has any other questions about living in Spanish Trail, feel free to ask. I love living here and happen to live in a development with very friendly neighbors. We have both hosted and been invited to several little neighborhood parties and/or BBQs. The only caveat I would add is that there aren't many families with young children here if that is what you are looking for.
Excellent information and just to add something when it comes to the maintenance of the properties -- what's mentioned above are for the townhomes and patio homes. The custom home sub associations HOA dues are a little lower and do not include front yard or exterior home maintenance such as painting, roof tiles, front yard lawn care, etc.

Yes.. the HOA dues are higher then many other communities but when you are inside of Spanish Trail, it's pretty obvious as to why and MadMan has also mentioned some of the other not so noticeable benefits.

A wonderful community. I lived in the Courtyards in the early 2000's and the homes to either side of me were vacation homes where the owners came in from California maybe twice a year. It is certainly a different world in Spanish Trail and not your typical Las Vegas community.

Considering people are buying 500 sq. ft. studios in the high rises for vacation properties with $500+ association dues at higher prices then the townhomes in Spanish Trail, I'd personally lean towards a patio home or townhome in Spanish Trail if that's what I was looking for. It's only about 10 mins. to the strip via car..

Old 01-18-2014, 12:24 PM

1,884 posts, read 2,140,884 times
Is Spanish Hills part of the same HOA or are they separate?

Old 01-18-2014, 01:04 PM

85 posts, read 169,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet757f View Post
Is Spanish Hills part of the same HOA or are they separate?
Spanish Hills is a completely separate community with it's own HOA.

Old Today, 06:40 PM

1 posts
If you are considering a move here .. think twice . I am a reasonable retired single person . I am quiet , considerate of others and responsible. Living here has been challenging . The HOA fees are extremely high , the HOA is nonresponsive for anything that they are obligated to repair . I had requested repairs 16 times over a 6 month period before I finally had to threaten legal action to get it done , and then they finally handled it .Some of the requests were never handled , and knowing how much work it is to get them to fix things , I just gave up as it is not worth the constant battle .
But the worst part is if YOU do the smallest of things.. like leave your trash cans out for a few hours longer than allowed ( had an emergency ) , or if a worker shows up on a day that they are not allowed, ( I was not even aware that they had shown up on this day ) they will immediately send you a notice or a citation with a big fat fine attached. Nothing goes unnoticed , It is as if the Gestapo is watching 24/7 .
I actually wouldn't mind the constant scrutiny if I felt like the HOA was doing their part , tit for tat . But no.. they demand perfection from the homeowners while they give out a very subpar performance . The neighborhood is beautiful , but it is like a strict HOA on steroids regarding enforcement of a million rules , but very poorly run on the giving end .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas