Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 01:27 PM

1,376 posts, read 3,082,234 times

Advertisements

If you're really not making a lot of noise as you claim I would tell the neighbor to F himself because you're not going to tiptoe around your own place. If he doesnt like living below someone and the noise that always comes with that he can move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2011, 02:00 PM

1,460 posts, read 2,807,899 times
If it is during the day there is nothing they can really do about it. They want the peace and quiet that usually comes with owning a home. People make noise in apartments. Just part of life.

That is the nature of apartments. It probably even says this in your lease if you look at it. Normally they consider between the hours of 8am and 9pm to be fair game for example.

Old 12-14-2011, 07:35 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,496,245 times
Ask them to babysit for the evening...and everytime your baby cries, stomp on the floor with high heels on.

Old 12-14-2011, 11:09 PM

23,221 posts, read 29,040,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggrofish View Post
If you're really not making a lot of noise as you claim I would tell the neighbor to F himself because you're not going to tiptoe around your own place. If he doesnt like living below someone and the noise that always comes with that he can move.
You can resolve this issue, if you put your imagination/creativity into "3rd gear" and put some "high-grade fuel" into your "gas tank"!

After awhile, it might get a little spooky, not hearing any noise from your downstairs neighbors!

Doesn't a prospective tenant have a right to ask the landlord? Why did these people move............................................so suddenly.......................and leave all their possessions behind?

Old 12-15-2011, 02:14 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,284,619 times
I think the best thing to do is switch to a ground floor apt to prevent any more tension from the downstairs neighbors. Many apt complexes let people switch, just tell them that you would really like to stay, but that you need a ground floor unit. If they cannot do that, then perhaps they will let you out of your lease. Let us know how it turns out.

Old 12-15-2011, 03:16 AM

13 posts, read 21,573 times
When you're in an apt, you have the responsibility to keep noise to a minimum.... be a good neighbor.

Old 12-15-2011, 04:05 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,156,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrVegas View Post
When you're in an apt, you have the responsibility to keep noise to a minimum.... be a good neighbor.
Being a good neighbor also requires that you understand that some noise is acceptable.

Old 12-15-2011, 08:31 AM

322 posts, read 710,131 times
Ask to be switched. I was upstairs once to a VERY loud (err...passionate?) bachelor. He liked to bring his lovers in late at night and I worked early.

I complained a few times.

I then asked to be moved. The complex was really nice about it. I wanted to leave it entirely but they refused (or I'd have to pay out the lease.) We were moved to another area of the complex and it was fine. I left at the end of the lease.

The complex even moved my stuff for us!

Old 12-15-2011, 09:51 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,261,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipresa View Post
Ask to be switched. I was upstairs once to a VERY loud (err...passionate?) bachelor. He liked to bring his lovers in late at night and I worked early.

I complained a few times.

I then asked to be moved. The complex was really nice about it. I wanted to leave it entirely but they refused (or I'd have to pay out the lease.) We were moved to another area of the complex and it was fine. I left at the end of the lease.

The complex even moved my stuff for us!
Ew I had the same problem in my first apartment. Complaining just gave them a reason to be even louder. You should have heard them the night before they moved out.

Anyway op, there is not much you can do about a crying baby, that is what they do best. I agree that adding rugs & wearing socks, no shoes inside may help. Noise from upstairs neighbors is what you get for being in a ground level apartment. Next time they knock on your door tell them to pay extra for an upstairs unit like you did.

Old 12-15-2011, 03:20 PM

29 posts, read 289,594 times
Thanks everyone.

We do not wear shoes in the house but as suggested I have put rugs on most of the common walk area and also additionally padded with extra comforters lying around.
I also reported the incident to the leasing office and checked with them if we could move to a ground floor unit. They have not received any complaints about noise from our apartment from the groundfloor folks (wonder why). So the leasing office said they would talk to them and work from there.

Sincerely appreciate all the help and advice you have given me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas