Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 08:57 PM

2,700 posts, read 4,938,111 times

Advertisements

I can not stand Garth Brooks.. Ever since he stated his fans were really stupid to pay the ticket proices they do to see his concerts, I have thought he was a jerk...

Also there is NO ONE that I would pay that much money to see. No way no how...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2012, 09:13 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,411,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCpl2 View Post
I can not stand Garth Brooks.. Ever since he stated his fans were really stupid to pay the ticket proices they do to see his concerts, I have thought he was a jerk...

Thanks for sharing. You really made me "see the light".

Old 01-04-2012, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Thanks for sharing. You really made me "see the light".
I know... A lot of people are Garth fans... I never gave him much thought until that came out of his mouth...

Same with other celebs.. After they open their mouths or do something you either lose faith or see them in a new light as better than you thought....

And that is how my son sees Mick Jagger...As a great guy......

Old 01-04-2012, 10:47 PM

719 posts, read 1,480,006 times
I was like that with Johnny Depp. I had plans to marry him when he figured out that I was waiting. LOL
Then I heard him say in an interview that American fans remind him of puppy dogs, always running after you and nipping at your heels and he went on to talk about how much he dislikes his fans.
Yeah, okay, Depp, why don't you go back to Kentucky and work in the coal mines and not worry about anybody paying to see your movies?

Old 01-05-2012, 02:42 PM

542 posts, read 986,374 times
Quote:
I know... A lot of people are Garth fans... I never gave him much thought until that came out of his mouth...

Same with other celebs.. After they open their mouths or do something you either lose faith or see them in a new light as better than you thought....

And that is how my son sees Mick Jagger...As a great guy......

But, I don't think a lot of people realize that the musicians DO NOT set the ticket prices. Even "Garth Brooks", at a "Garth Brooks" show, isn't in charge. There are managers, and promoters, record labels and the venue itself, that sets the price.

There are a LOT of musicians (U2, DMB, Willie Nelson to name a few) that have come out and talked about how stupidly expensive it is to see their shows. They are on our (the fans) side.

Garth may be a little bit different in this respect with his show at the Wynn. I'm sure he wanted a hefty sum of cash to "come out of retirement", but nevertheless, I bet Steve Wynn (The Venue) has more to do with the super high ticket price than Garth does.

Old 06-01-2012, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by m73m95 View Post
But, I don't think a lot of people realize that the musicians DO NOT set the ticket prices. Even "Garth Brooks", at a "Garth Brooks" show, isn't in charge. There are managers, and promoters, record labels and the venue itself, that sets the price.

There are a LOT of musicians (U2, DMB, Willie Nelson to name a few) that have come out and talked about how stupidly expensive it is to see their shows. They are on our (the fans) side.

Garth may be a little bit different in this respect with his show at the Wynn. I'm sure he wanted a hefty sum of cash to "come out of retirement", but nevertheless, I bet Steve Wynn (The Venue) has more to do with the super high ticket price than Garth does.
True they do not literally set the prices...BUT when they entertain a certain amount for a show or concert series it starts the money ball rolling..

I just do not like entertainers opening their mouth about their fans when the fans are the ones who are paying them....

Old 06-01-2012, 11:36 PM

404 posts, read 1,195,751 times
If you do go, make sure it is the second show if he is doing 2 shows that night. We went last year, great show, and Trisha came out and sang a few songs, but he didn't have time to do audience requests because he has a schedule to stick to so the second show starts on time. I know everyone says there is not a bad seat in that venue, but I disagree. We were in the next to last row of the theatre and it felt like a nose bleed section. It is really hard to believe these seats have the same retail value as the front section on the first floor!

Old 06-02-2012, 09:11 AM

1,460 posts, read 2,807,899 times
I'm not sure I believe Garth really said that. Is there a link?

Old 06-02-2012, 09:25 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,115,850 times
Quote:

Garth Brooks fought with Steve Wynn over ticket prices and that's where the "stupid" to pay the price emerged. He wanted them set at 150 bucks ( I think) and Steve Wynn told him they were all going to get sold by scalpers because that was too cheap.

And they did. So the prices were set at market value.

Garth Brooks is not a jerk, he's just not Steve Wynn at business.

Old 06-02-2012, 09:29 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,115,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSarah View Post
I was like that with Johnny Depp. I had plans to marry him when he figured out that I was waiting. LOL
Then I heard him say in an interview that American fans remind him of puppy dogs, always running after you and nipping at your heels and he went on to talk about how much he dislikes his fans.
Yeah, okay, Depp, why don't you go back to Kentucky and work in the coal mines and not worry about anybody paying to see your movies?

Yes, but Depp is not very bright. He never has been. If you can dig it up online, read the interview he did when that POS movie " Edward Scissorhands" came out.

I think he's a fairly talented actor, but hardly an intellectual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas