Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 07:25 PM

322 posts, read 710,245 times

Advertisements

Good that you have Internet... Get out and look at other places and move out. Simply consider the money sunk and good karma for you to find a better place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2011, 07:37 PM

2,469 posts, read 3,262,644 times
I would still tell them you are going to take video of the conditions & contact channel 13 maybe they will give you back your money to get you out of there.

Old 12-31-2011, 08:04 PM

719 posts, read 1,480,219 times
Come on over to Seigel Suites on Graphic Center (just off West Tropicana!) They are awesome. We landed in Seigel on Flamingo the first week and it was scary!!! I hate to tell you this but I was told this week Harbor Island has bedbugs! I also know the place is filled with druggies, meth heads, etc.
We left Flamingo/Swenson Seigel and came to West Tropicana Seigel and the difference is amazing! Units are clean, have garbage disposals, full size fridge and stoves and ovens... the grounds are nice, the complex is quiet and safe. The area is quiet and safe. Lots of families live here. The school bus picks up and drops off right in the parking lot. The staff is nice. Two pools, two laundry room, one jacuzzi. Within walking distance of the strip, MGM, New York New York etc. I love it here!!! It is $200 a week for a one bedroom, all inclusive. All utilities including a house phone are included in the price. Internet, cable, water, heat, air etc. The bedroom is a true bedroom, meaning a door, walls etc close off from the rest of the place. Not like a junior one bedroom. I have not seen any homeless, mentally ill junkies like you have in your area. AND it is right off a bus line for easy transportation if you don't have a car. It really is nice here. I highly recommend it. Sending this dm as well.

Old 12-31-2011, 10:42 PM

2,724 posts, read 4,764,096 times
You have rights.

To get something done, you need to provide written notice of an uninhabitable condition and give him 14 days to fix it. Afterwards, you can terminate your lease immediately without any penalty, apply in court for a remedy and actual costs incurred by you, and/or stop paying rent without incurring a late fee. See the statute in full at:
NRS: CHAPTER 118A - LANDLORD AND TENANT: DWELLINGS

No need to be a prisoner on Roach Island.

Old 12-31-2011, 11:53 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,946,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSarah View Post
Come on over to Seigel Suites on Graphic Center (just off West Tropicana!) They are awesome. We landed in Seigel on Flamingo the first week and it was scary!!! I hate to tell you this but I was told this week Harbor Island has bedbugs! I also know the place is filled with druggies, meth heads, etc.
If they do have bedbugs, and I wouldn't doubt it, then they will continue to spread if they are brought over in their belongings. Ugh. Hopefully, the OP checks out their stuff real good. Needs to go online and google how to ck for bedbugs and where.

Old 01-01-2012, 01:32 AM

719 posts, read 1,480,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimba01 View Post
If they do have bedbugs, and I wouldn't doubt it, then they will continue to spread if they are brought over in their belongings. Ugh. Hopefully, the OP checks out their stuff real good. Needs to go online and google how to ck for bedbugs and where.
They do have them. My daughter in law has a friend who moved over there with her husband and one year old about two weeks ago. Within a couple of days they were eaten up with bedbug bites. The woman called my dil last night and asked if she would come over to their place and babysit the toddler, because hubby was at work and one of her bedbug bites is in a very sensitive area and terribly infected. She needed to go back to the ER. Obviously, my dil said "uh... sorry, but no?"
They are not allowed here either. Don't want any travelers dropping in on us. Thank God this is not a "good" friend of my dil, just a new acquaintance. So they have not hung out. We met them at the Flamingo/Swenson Seigel and they moved to Harbor Island... and we have not seen them since. She didn't call her family to babysit because she doesn't want to tell them they have bedbugs. (shudder) anyway, that is how I know that place has bedbugs.
And roaches.. hundreds of them in each unit from what I gather.

Old 01-01-2012, 08:35 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
Be sure when you check out, to shake out all your belongings so you don't take the nasty bugs with you!

Old 01-01-2012, 09:28 AM

421 posts, read 898,612 times
I would suggest spraying all cardboard boxes and other moving materials with the bug spray. You might be able to shake out any roaches but the eggs might stay there. Need to be proactive

Old 01-01-2012, 11:40 AM

2,557 posts, read 4,568,409 times
Time to unleash some centipedes in your room.

FAQ: Is there an insect that will eat bed bugs?

Old 01-01-2012, 11:56 AM

10,864 posts, read 16,994,497 times
If they have bedbugs, OP may as well just put all belongings in a big pile and burn it...

I read somewhere that bedbug eggs can survive a direct hit with spray, a spin in a microwave, immersion in boiling water, the vacuum of space, and freezing with LN2. They make roaches look like genetic weaklings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas