Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 12:40 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,146,931 times

Advertisements

Nevada judge delays Mayweather jail time until after May bout - CNN.com

Quote:
Wright said the reporting date should be delayed not just for his client, but "on behalf of the community and the economic impact that a fight of this magnitude" could have. He claimed that Mayweather's last seven fights in the Nevada city were responsible for about $1 billion in business for the community.
For the sake of Las Vegas economy this is good. For personal reason's this is wrong. The law should be fair and the same for everyone.

Oh well. I hope the fight does happen. I will be returning about a month right before this kicks off. Im throwing a huge fight night party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2012, 07:45 AM

10,864 posts, read 16,978,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
Nevada judge delays Mayweather jail time until after May bout - CNN.com

For the sake of Las Vegas economy this is good. For personal reason's this is wrong. The law should be fair and the same for everyone.

Oh well. I hope the fight does happen. I will be returning about a month right before this kicks off. Im throwing a huge fight night party.

I will never agree with this. It isn't just wrong for personal reasons. It sends a loud and clear message that celebrities are better than us "regular people."

We founded this country on the principle that everyone's the same as everyone else. And now we've turned a bunch of coke-snorting actors, musicians and athletes into our version of royalty.

Old 01-07-2012, 08:53 AM

3,977 posts, read 7,631,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
I will never agree with this. It isn't just wrong for personal reasons. It sends a loud and clear message that celebrities are better than us "regular people."

We founded this country on the principle that everyone's the same as everyone else. And now we've turned a bunch of coke-snorting actors, musicians and athletes into our version of royalty.
.. And when they OD, we blame the doctors who prescribed the drugs

More tiger blood, baby

Jonathan

PS: what happened to Paris Hilton's "lifetime ban" from Vegas, I guess she is good for the economy as well.

Old 01-07-2012, 09:52 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,146,931 times
I think the un-written rule for Vegas is if you can attract tourists, then you get a pass.

Or if you have millions of Twitter followers.

A certain celebrity once tweeted about terrible service at LAX night club and the manager of the club invited the celebrity back for a "redo" with all the fancy accommodation and trimmings. I think it was Ke$ha, Kate Perry or Gaga...cant remember...they all sound the same.

Old 01-07-2012, 10:29 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,082,290 times
I think Paris' lifetime ban was lifted because she gave good.......well....you know.....to the judge or something.

Old 01-07-2012, 01:38 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,631,882 times
Talk about blowing off the competition...

Old 01-07-2012, 02:51 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,323,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
I think the un-written rule for Vegas is if you can attract tourists, then you get a pass.

Or if you have millions of Twitter followers.

A certain celebrity once tweeted about terrible service at LAX night club and the manager of the club invited the celebrity back for a "redo" with all the fancy accommodation and trimmings. I think it was Ke$ha, Kate Perry or Gaga...cant remember...they all sound the same.
Von, that's called "Good Will". Nothing wrong with it, IMO.

Old 01-07-2012, 02:59 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,323,270 times
I think the judge did the right thing. It's not as if he's an ax murderer, so why make hundreds of others pay for his mistake along with him? Why do people not want others to survive, when they themselves depend on the survival of others for their own livelihoods? It's illogical.

Old 01-07-2012, 03:54 PM

2,724 posts, read 4,760,578 times
These high profile deals are just the wholesale subordination of justice. Civil law is in no better condition. The entire judicial system is in shambles, at least as bad (or worse) than the health-care system. Outdated, worn, and hopelessly out of touch.

The moral soul of America continues to rot away...

Rose is a rose is a rose is a rose.

Old 01-07-2012, 06:03 PM

2,724 posts, read 4,760,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eventusstultorummagister View Post
These high profile deals are just the wholesale subordination of justice. Civil law is in no better condition. The entire judicial system is in shambles, at least as bad (or worse) than the health-care system. Outdated, worn, and hopelessly out of touch.

The moral soul of America continues to rot away...

Rose is a rose is a rose is a rose.
That being said...
What time is the fight?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: