Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 10:56 AM

2,469 posts, read 3,261,525 times

Advertisements

HOA fees vary mine is $65 per month (not gated). I also agree that you can definitely tell HOA from non. Some areas without HOA are nice like the custom older large houses/lots around town. Everyone complains about HOA's sometimes, but I'd rather have one than have a pink house on one side & a house with 5 cars on the front lawn & 5 in the backyard or hoarders in general.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2012, 11:18 AM

9,480 posts, read 12,290,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dltordj View Post
HOA fees vary mine is $65 per month (not gated). I also agree that you can definitely tell HOA from non. Some areas without HOA are nice like the custom older large houses/lots around town. Everyone complains about HOA's sometimes, but I'd rather have one than have a pink house on one side & a house with 5 cars on the front lawn & 5 in the backyard or hoarders in general.
I find it sad, really, that people can't take pride in their neighborhoods without being policed by a HOA. In my part of the country the majority of neighborhoods don't have them. The ones that do often pay for stuff like snow removal and lawn care with their dues (townhome commmunities, for instance).

Old 02-01-2012, 11:32 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,107,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I find it sad, really, that people can't take pride in their neighborhoods without being policed by a HOA. In my part of the country the majority of neighborhoods don't have them. The ones that do often pay for stuff like snow removal and lawn care with their dues (townhome commmunities, for instance).
WTH is SNOW REMOVAL????????

Old 02-01-2012, 12:09 PM

9,480 posts, read 12,290,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
WTH is SNOW REMOVAL????????
HA HA! Something you are lucky enough to NOT need

Old 02-01-2012, 12:29 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,107,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
HA HA! Something you are lucky enough to NOT need
In Las vegas, it's called the SUN.......

altho....a couple of years ago we had to close the schools because of snow....

they had about 1/4" and it had melted off by the time school started.....was kinda embarrassing.

Old 02-01-2012, 12:36 PM

3,728 posts, read 9,472,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
In Las vegas, it's called the SUN.......

altho....a couple of years ago we had to close the schools because of snow....

they had about 1/4" and it had melted off by the time school started.....was kinda embarrassing.
Well, not only that, but our weather here in the soup bowl is so varied, that it could snow in Summerlin, but they got nothing over by Sunrise or Black Mountain and vice a versa.

Old 02-01-2012, 01:40 PM

150 posts, read 427,201 times
I think HOA'S do seem to provide a function in the southwest that maybe isnt needed in the north east. Property values tend to be based more on nieghborhood demographics and school districts in lets say NEW york. Sounds racist but atlas you live in one of these "GOOD demographic areas your property tend s t og oup i nvalue. Homes in rochester and other areas, low priced to begi nwith have bee napreciatign since the bust and no hoas there. In my home town of brooklyn ,NYC no hoas and people make there homes look like how they want them to be and some people might be bothered by the big purple ugly house on my block but no one cares really. Alot of homes look ugly ,heck some even in disrepair. BUT home values of the homes next door are still going for 700k,lol. Heck eve nthe ugly purple house is worth over 500k. As for the other issues. In the good areas , people arent afraid t ocal lthe cops,311, etc. If people are too noisy , fixing cars on the streeet ,you call the police ,they handle it.
So im just curious do the HOAS do the police job in these hoa communities?what is it about certain vegas areas that you need the hoa or the neighborhood goes to crap?im not criticizing vegas pd or anything im just curious. NYC also is a transiant city where peopel come to make it big and leave but good areas are GOOD and bad areas are bad.It dont take a rocket scientist to know whats what and working in law enforceemnt in the ghetto, one think i learned is part of the proble m is the citizens in the projects allow neighbors to play loud music, etc. LOL in parts of brooklyn , you get out of line a guy named vinny show u pat your door. I personally think HOAS are more needed i ncertain cities ,But i resent the fact that a syste mis set up by the mthat we DO need em, and cant use , law enforcement, neighborhood block associations to do the job for free. I also find it curious that the areas of the country that use hoas the most(florida,nevada,arizona) are the areas where properties have gone down the most. Yes its cause of the bust but still ironic that hoas are there to maintain property values and the areas where values went down the msot are the ones wh ogot them.Eve nthough unrelated ,something to think about

Old 02-01-2012, 01:50 PM

508 posts, read 1,021,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVPoker1 View Post
How many homes in Summerlin or good parts of Henderson are you going to find for 100k? My guess is zero or close to it. For 100k, I think that you are going to be on the northern/NW outskirts if you want something built in the last 10 years in a good area unless you want a condo. If you can stretch it to 125k you might be able to find something in Summerlin or Henderson that is small and basic. At 150k you will start to find many choices although they will still be on the small side.
There are plenty of homes around the 7 hills and other places in green valley that are going for 80 - 120 and most of those are 3 bed 2 bath 1 car garage....

Old 02-01-2012, 02:52 PM

Location: Undisclosed location in the American desert Southwest
188 posts, read 482,628 times
A lot of younger people are actually buying up the older homes on bigger lots closer to the city. Not saying the burbs aren't as popular but newer residences are seeing the value in larger properties, no hoa's, differing architectural styles - mid century, modern, ranch homes etc. that we're built from 60's-80's. Take a look around Sunset Pecos and 89123 area code.

Old 02-01-2012, 07:31 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,155,699 times
My HOA does not make me do anything I would/wouldn't already do to my property. The only difference is that I can't procrastinate as long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas