Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 08:18 AM

751 posts, read 1,177,685 times

Advertisements

The crap magnet phenomena! Phoenix and Las Vegas seem to attract some of the shadiest, lowest, trashiest people in this country. Why is it so??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2007, 08:40 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,486,602 times
Hey...wait a minute there...Olecapt is NOT a shady, low, trashy person! (And he might even have stats to prove it!)

Old 08-28-2007, 08:59 AM

1,755 posts, read 5,331,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeache View Post
The crap magnet phenomena! Phoenix and Las Vegas seem to attract some of the shadiest, lowest, trashiest people in this country. Why is it so??
Well, for one thing, newbies here come from places like NY, DC, Boston, and LA----and they're under the belief LV has more to offer than those places. What does that tell you about these people.

Old 08-28-2007, 09:42 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeache View Post
hmmmmm could this explain Sheriff?

Old 08-28-2007, 01:44 PM

Funny you should mention this lukeache: Las Vegas Now - Breaking News, Local News, Weather, Traffic, Streaming Video, Classifieds, Blogs - Operation FALCON Results in 201 Fugitive Arrests

Old 08-28-2007, 02:27 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,709,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff View Post
Well, for one thing, newbies here come from places like NY, DC, Boston, and LA----and they're under the belief LV has more to offer than those places. What does that tell you about these people.
They are under the belief that LV is cheaper to live in than NY, DC, Boston & LA. for me its SF and it cut my living costs in half. Unless you make buko dollars, i couldnt buy a home there and if you make $$$ without any mortgage interest write-offs?? renting 100 year old apts sucks too.

Old 08-28-2007, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAPoolServiceLV View Post
They are under the belief that LV is cheaper to live in than NY, DC, Boston & LA. for me its SF and it cut my living costs in half. Unless you make buko dollars, i couldnt buy a home there and if you make $$$ without any mortgage interest write-offs?? renting 100 year old apts sucks too.
Baghdad is very cheap, jobs are plentiful, and the first 100k is tax free.

Old 08-28-2007, 05:13 PM

697 posts, read 3,278,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheriff View Post
Baghdad is very cheap, jobs are plentiful, and the first 100k is tax free.
Now you have offended me? Have you been to Baghdad? NO? I have. I got three ounces of shrapnel in my arm to prove it. Our boys are being killed in the name of what you take for granted over there. How dare you downplay any AMERICAN city and compare it to Baghdad. When was the last time a RPG ripped through your airplane when all you were trying to do was deliver food? August 15, 2005 for me! When was the last time you watched a close friend killed by some ****er with a vendetta against that which he does not understand? July 20, 2005 for me! I have been there, I have seen the carnage. You have no right to tarnish the memories of SSGT Fornwalt and MSGT Andrews! That is what you have just done in my eyes. NO AMERICAN CITY IS EVEN CLOSE TO BAGHDAD. If you hate Las Vegas so much, you move your ass to Baghdad. I'll even put you in touch with a recruiter who will guarantee you a job when you got there. Pricks like you don't deserve the freedom I fought for!!!

That is the beauty of our country, you can leave. Those in Baghdad (soldier and civilian) cannot.

Old 08-28-2007, 07:34 PM

203 posts, read 545,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Hey...wait a minute there...Olecapt is NOT a shady, low, trashy person! (And he might even have stats to prove it!)
ha ha haha ha lol lol ...........man o man so true.

Old 08-28-2007, 07:43 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,187,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XFILESMULDER View Post
ha ha haha ha lol lol ...........man o man so true.
Mulder you fit right into a crap magnet thread.

Read the message before yours. Do you not know there are times to keep your mouth shut?

Sheeesh....maybe you can carry Sheriffs bags on his trip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: