Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2012, 12:59 PM

18 posts, read 22,366 times

Advertisements

We are considering buying tickets to Nascar for the three days. I would appreciate advice on which seats or areas to buy tickets for.
The whole family will be going (4), I don't expect I will get much change from $1000
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2012, 01:33 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,638,268 times
kids under 15 - free - top tier is $240 - you can do better shopping around on stubhub

Jonathan

Old 02-12-2012, 11:08 PM

1,107 posts, read 1,420,916 times
Can't say if the same offer will show up this year BUT...

Last year on travelzoo.com I got three 3 day tickets (Qualifying on Friday, Nationwide on Saturday and Cup on Sunday) + three passes for the Neon Garage, all for $89 per person (Me, my wife and my daughter). The seats were in the Earnhardt Terrace, just coming out of turn 4.

The only thing that could have made this better is if the tickets had been in the Petty Terrace, as that is closer to parking, so less walking.

The garage passes gave us full access to the garages and pits and Victory Lane. I took hundreds and pictures and me and my family got all sorts of autographs and the best part (for me at least) was that with like 20 laps to go on cup day and Carl Edwards in the lead we got up from our seats and high tailed it down to Victory Lane. Got there with just about 2 laps to go and Carl won and we were right there to see him pull his car in to celebrate. ( Here is the video I shot with my phone of Carl in VL - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150100777851104 )

The package showed up on Travel Zoo just about 10 days before the race. So if you don't mind pushing it that close, it might not be a bad idea to keep an eye out there. That is what I am doing, again.

Last edited by C_A_Braun; 02-12-2012 at 11:17 PM..

Old 02-13-2012, 12:35 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,352,317 times
If you enjoy watching cars make left turns, almost all of our intersections have left turn lanes ...and it's free. The Spaghetti Bowl can be quite exciting too.

Old 02-14-2012, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canspit View Post
We are considering buying tickets to Nascar for the three days. I would appreciate advice on which seats or areas to buy tickets for.
The whole family will be going (4), I don't expect I will get much change from $1000

[mod cut-- reference to deleted posts]
My step-daughter twice removed and her husband are into racing ─ both have been drivers. I'll ask them.

Last edited by observer53; 02-14-2012 at 04:18 PM..

Old 02-16-2012, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
My step-daughter twice removed and her husband are into racing ─ both have been drivers. I'll ask them.
This is what my step daughter said:
We have been spoiled all these years and have never had to buy tickets, have always been given some. If I was to buy I would try for the Petty or Earnhardt terraces. But I don't know the price of those areas. And I wouldn't want to be from the starting line to turn one, nothing happens there. Most everything happens from turn 3 to 4. Hope all this helps.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:05 PM

6 posts, read 11,864 times
From looking at the LVMS website a weekend package for four with decent seating was $604. If you really want to save money for Friday and Saturday there are usually scalpers around that'll sell you tickets for $10-$15 outside of the ticket booth/in the parking lot. So if you bought tickets for Sunday only with the cheapest seating for four ($200) then bought tickets from scalpers for Friday and Saturday (Which I believe is GA, so non-enforced seating) we'll say $60 a day for Friday and Saturday, and $200 for Sunday, comes to $320 total. If you want the cheapest seating for the entire weekend, they offer a package for $99 each for the three days, so it'd be $400 for your family, plus whatever fees they add on.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:27 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,589,241 times
In addition to the above be sure to plan on renting a set of track scan headphones. Renting at the Race Track
This will really enhance your race experience two ways. First and formost your ears will not ring for several days (or be damaged) by the loud race cars going by. Second it is the best way to hear what is going on in the race (or not going on) The announcers really get into the race and also you can listen to the drivers and pit crew complaining or cheering. The price is about $30 a day for one and $15 for another. If you don't get the headsets at the very least use some kind of ear protection. I did the Kobalt 400 last year for the first time and we had a blast. We did the tailgate party and then went into the race. I bought hard tickets on Craigslist for less than face value the day of the race and sat in the first turn. Plan on being there all day and part of the night. I think it took us over 2 hrs to get out of the parking lot part of which was due to a car wreck just outside the parking lot.

Old 12-15-2012, 07:23 PM

134 posts, read 177,854 times
Any advice on getting to-from the track? Is there a "shuttle service" or do you just have to suck it up & deal with the traffic?

Old 12-16-2012, 01:22 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,589,241 times
The best shuttle Service I have found are ones that are set up with some of the Strip Hotels. Last time I went to the Kobalt 400 I went to the Tropicana bought my ticket inside and then took the bus. The bus was loaded quickly and got out to the track in plently of time. I chose the Tropicana as it was the first and last stop for this particular shuttle. They filled the bus up and drove right to the track. I parked my car right in the Tropicana lot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas