Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 12:54 AM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kingsinvegas View Post
Any place to eat inside NY NY is wayyyy to pricey for what you get. We also love Grape Street. Agave in Summerlin is also vey good. It is Mexican with a different flare. Islands in the same center is also very good. A side note about Claim Jumpers... It is very good but also very hard to get into if you have more than 2 in your party. I suggest either going early or late...dinner time is next to impossible. I have to agree with the OP about the Nascar place. We ate their one night on our way to see the Schinta's and we were very disappointed. We also occasionally like to go to Marie Calendars, it reminds us of Bill Knapps or Bob Evans. The new Mexican place at 95 and Ann is also excellent, the best guacomole in town. I can't recall the name at the moment, maybe someone else can help me out.
Have you tried "Maize" restaurant yet? Across from Nature discovery park in the Smiths shopping center.
Just curious as it looks a little expensive from their ad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2007, 02:31 PM

23 posts, read 69,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kingsinvegas View Post
We also occasionally like to go to Marie Calendars, it reminds us of Bill Knapps or Bob Evans.
Marie Calendars is a pale shadow of the once great Bill Knapps.

Old 09-12-2007, 02:44 PM

515 posts, read 1,832,252 times
My favorite steak house is Billy Bob's inside Sams Town. Amazing portions, not too over the top as far a prices go, and the food is wonderful!

Old 09-12-2007, 05:54 PM

697 posts, read 3,278,257 times
On the strip, one of my favorite places to eat is Sensi (sp?) in the Bellagio. They are sort of a Japenese style grill and the food is unreal, so is the price too so be prepared to pay. Four of us cost about $300 after the tip. Worth it IMO.

Locals- any advice on great, not good, but great Hawaiian restauraunts. I heard Las Vegas has some of the best Hawaiian food this side of Hawaii and was wondering where to find it.

Old 09-15-2007, 07:02 PM

222 posts, read 1,045,423 times
Lucille's BBQ

It may seem pricey, bbq combo and rib platters in the $21-$24 range, BUT for an average appetite two people can fill up on one of those platters. We go there a lot and usually order one appetizer and one combo plate for the two of us and sometimes we cannot eat it all.

Old 09-15-2007, 08:39 PM

818 posts, read 3,697,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjski21 View Post
Locals- any advice on great, not good, but great Hawaiian restauraunts. I heard Las Vegas has some of the best Hawaiian food this side of Hawaii and was wondering where to find it.
Visit the California Hotel downtown. The cafe there has specials on Hawaiian food 24 hours. They also throw a Hawaiian festival every year out in the parking lot north of the Hotel with great food and entertainment.

Also, there are lots of fast food/Hawaiian BBQ joints in town. My wife hates them so I don't get to go often enough, but L&L (broken link) is a great one and they have locations all over. I still don't understand the fascination with Spam though.

Old 09-15-2007, 09:11 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,709,297 times
Spam is a staple food because of WWII. Its actually more popular with Guamanians than Hawaiians.

Old 09-16-2007, 02:29 AM

151 posts, read 227,277 times
I 2nd Billy Bobs. Might be a little out of the way, but worth it.

Old 09-18-2007, 05:24 PM

16 posts, read 55,995 times
Default Maize

Hey Pink String, I'm sorry to say Maize has closed as of early July and is being replaced by a PTs Gold. I am soooo sad. We ate there once or twice a month and the food was awesome. I can just taste the ahi! It was a little on the spendy side, maybe $22 - 30 for an entree. Nice little wine list, great service. We spoke with our servers and apparently it didn't catch on fast enough to suit the owner. First they down graded the chi-chi factor and then just quit. I think the problem was the location; who expects a really fine dining experience when the restaurant is in the middle of a parking lot of a strip mall? If they open anywhere else in the valley I hope someone lets me know!

Old 09-20-2007, 09:39 AM

8 posts, read 29,527 times
For a great restaurant in the Green Valley area, go to Todd's on sunset. Terrific food, nice people and just a good all around experience. Also, on Wednesdays, FREE corkage for two bottles, which is a huge benefit. Prices are about 6-8 for soup/salad, 10 for appetizers, 17-27 or so for entrees....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas