Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 02:02 PM

2,724 posts, read 4,764,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojones View Post
...to get to the Mile Mall entrance.
Mile Mall? Do you mean the Miracle Mile Shops (old Desert Passage)? I haven't gone there in a decade, do they still have the hourly indoor thunderstorm?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2012, 02:31 AM

58 posts, read 241,790 times
I feel inspired after reading this. I'm also glad I moved a mile from the strip. My experience has been wonderful.

How does everyone not understand the OP?
It's not like you've never heard "that once you get off the strip it's pretty rough". (Or something to that effect)

He is just saying that if he listened to people who bash the so-called rough areas around the strip that he wouldn't have gotten to experience living right there. And that his experience with living there has been the opposite of bashers and has been quite positive.

Bravo OP

Disclaimer: I will admit there are spots around the strip I would DEFINITELY not move

Not every spot around the strip is off limits for good people; in fact, you could say it's spotty.

Old 02-29-2012, 07:31 AM

236 posts, read 627,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseton3 View Post
I feel inspired after reading this. I'm also glad I moved a mile from the strip. My experience has been wonderful.

How does everyone not understand the OP?
It's not like you've never heard "that once you get off the strip it's pretty rough". (Or something to that effect)

He is just saying that if he listened to people who bash the so-called rough areas around the strip that he wouldn't have gotten to experience living right there. And that his experience with living there has been the opposite of bashers and has been quite positive.

Bravo OP

Disclaimer: I will admit there are spots around the strip I would DEFINITELY not move

Not every spot around the strip is off limits for good people; in fact, you could say it's spotty.
Well, now that you put it that way......

Thanks for the translation

Old 02-29-2012, 08:34 AM

322 posts, read 710,245 times
I think the OP is peeved you trashed Harbor Island. That must be where OP is enjoying a resort-like existence.

That place is THE scariest place near the strip. Every time I go by it, police cars are there. Oh but maybe I am dim to believe police cars mean problems.

Why did the OP even choose this subject? Who are these people who think the Strip is scary? The 35 million a year who visit Vegas? All the people who visit Vegas REPEATEDLY? And the OP feels they need to educate who? Locals don't live on the strip for many good reasons and one of them isn't fear.

Old 02-29-2012, 10:23 AM

15,849 posts, read 14,479,382 times
^
I think he's talking about the fact that the areas near but off the Strip (just east/west) have a bad reputation with locals as a place to live. But out of towners that only know the strip, ask about living near there.

With all the building in the last boom, those area did get better. But I still thing there are much better areas to live in LV, even for the same money.

Old 02-29-2012, 11:17 AM

236 posts, read 627,817 times
[mod cut-- reference to deleted post]

And, by the way, what is it exactly that makes this area so bad?

I mean.... what happened. It seems 15 or even 10 years ago wasn't so bad. But now, with the exception of the Hard Rock itself (and maybe Holiday Royale) the immediate area is a wasteland.

Last edited by observer53; 02-29-2012 at 01:59 PM..

Old 02-29-2012, 12:28 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,417,255 times
Stay on topic, please, if you want to continue the discussion (Vegas related, and not discussions of other cities or general discussions of issues that are applicable to any city).

Last edited by observer53; 02-29-2012 at 01:31 PM..

Old 03-01-2012, 04:51 PM

609 posts, read 1,620,032 times
i thought it was pretty relevant in relaying a message.

However, all I'm telling people. Dont let people who will live their life in a box inside Las Vegas Keep you from finding what fits you in Las Vegas.

In the parking lot here there are everything from 1990 Ford Focuses up to new Land Rovers. In fact, the other night some old rock star crashed here and had his limo drop him off while i was in the office.

Would that really hapepn if ti were so bad?

However, i will say, the front desk at these places I've seen that are cheaper will be less 'qualified' in my opinoin . Not bad people & will help you but they'll also be faulty in terms of conveying messages.

Old 03-01-2012, 06:44 PM

2,724 posts, read 4,764,096 times
The neighborhood is actually not that bad however, when you stay in a place that rents to virtually anyone common sense dictates that it will attract those who dwell on the fringes of society.

An old rock star...
Only Unaware People Are Afraid of Strip of Las Vegas-aleqm.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: