U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 01:56 AM

72 posts, read 261,697 times

Advertisements

Has anyone stayed here before? I did some checking online and see so many great reviews on the website and on google. But I also see this is located near some other shady motels that i see on google reviews where the area is very bad as people noted.

A studio doesn't cost too much here for renting weekly. Anyone ever stayed here?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2012, 03:01 AM

58 posts, read 231,630 times
I live there right now and I love it. You are right though, this place is like a nice pocket inside a somewhat trashy area. First and foremost, if you can't stand the noise of a plane passing overhead, you will likely be annoyed and not like living there. My wife and I don't mind it one bit, and absolutely love living here. Management/security is nice. All good people. The tenants are all really quiet and to themselves.

And really the area is not that horrible. I guess it depends on what your experience is with a "horrible neighborhood". Before I moved here, I was told there would be Pimps and prostitutes by the pool. That may have been the case many years back, idk, but in my experience, that could not be further from the truth. It is very quiet here and I have never had a single problem. Been here since late last year, and I'm still waiting for something to happen to make me not like the place. But seriously, if management and everything stays the same, I would think that you will like the place for a short term rental.

Old 02-27-2012, 01:27 PM

Hi Moose. Is Holiday Royale easily walkable to the strip? Such as Aria?

Old 02-27-2012, 01:33 PM

10,494 posts, read 25,493,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgewalsh View Post
Hi Moose. Is Holiday Royale easily walkable to the strip? Such as Aria?
It is 2 miles from Aria.

Old 02-27-2012, 04:13 PM

I would say that it is an easy walk to the strip. I did it just last night and do it all the time. Occasionally there's some trashy folks along the way (e.g. in front of Harbor Island) but I've never had a problem. As long as you keep to yourself and don't feel the need to be "the alpha male hard ass of the sidewalk" then you won't have a problem.

It's a pretty short 2 miles if it is 2.

Old 02-27-2012, 11:55 PM

Mooseton, what do you mean by trashy folks along the way? Did you do this walk at night? Or is it preferred to only do this walk during the day. Is there a way to avoid walking towards that area and take like a detour walking towards aria?

Old 02-28-2012, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Mooseton, what do you mean by trashy folks along the way? Did you do this walk at night? Or is it preferred to only do this walk during the day. Is there a way to avoid walking towards that area and take like a detour walking towards aria?
Trashy folks= Bums or those people who sag their pants and tilt their hat sideways

I don't know if there is a detour to avoid people, but I wouldn't want to take a detour because I would rather be on a main road lit up with a sidewalk and traffic. The only detour I would do is to just walk on the other side of the street.

This might be coming across the wrong way I really haven't had any problems walking day or night. My wife on the other hand, she is easily offended. She had a bum at the bus stop stand directly in front her, basically blocking the sidewalk, and ask her for money. My wife said no. And then my wife went into a store across the street The bum saw it and my wife heard her yell to another bum sitting next to her "See! I told you she got money!" My wife made me pick her up in the car. Dealing with bums is a city-wide problem though, not just in this neighborhood; this was an isolated incident; don't let it reflect your view on Holiday Royale. Just get used to saying "No thanks" or my personal favorite answer when they ask "Could you spare any change?" "I don't really feel like doing that"

Old 02-28-2012, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseton3 View Post
Trashy folks= Bums or those people who sag their pants and tilt their hat sideways

I don't know if there is a detour to avoid people, but I wouldn't want to take a detour because I would rather be on a main road lit up with a sidewalk and traffic. The only detour I would do is to just walk on the other side of the street.

This might be coming across the wrong way I really haven't had any problems walking day or night. My wife on the other hand, she is easily offended. She had a bum at the bus stop stand directly in front her, basically blocking the sidewalk, and ask her for money. My wife said no. And then my wife went into a store across the street The bum saw it and my wife heard her yell to another bum sitting next to her "See! I told you she got money!" My wife made me pick her up in the car. Dealing with bums is a city-wide problem though, not just in this neighborhood; this was an isolated incident; don't let it reflect your view on Holiday Royale. Just get used to saying "No thanks" or my personal favorite answer when they ask "Could you spare any change?" "I don't really feel like doing that"
I always tell them all I have is a credit card, sorry. I am not lying either as I do not carry cash and always use my credit cards, even for small $1 or $2 purchases.

Old 02-28-2012, 01:56 PM

Vegas Drunk, do you currently live at Holiday royale? Or do you live around that area?

Old 02-28-2012, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Vegas Drunk, do you currently live at Holiday royale? Or do you live around that area?
No, but I also live off of Paradise about a mile north of Holiday Royale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>