Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 10:30 AM

3,811 posts, read 4,688,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggrofish View Post
If you're going to be in San Diego I'd cut the LA portion of the trip shorter and spend more time in Vegas. Unless you plan on doing some studio tours, trying to catch Leno/Letterman/Conan, visiting the hollywood sign, strolling Sunset Blvd, San Diego is far better than LA.

If you do drive up to LA from San Diego you should plan on stopping in Huntington Beach for lunch. It's on your way just take Beach Blvd off the 405. Go to Main street and I guaranteed you've never seen so many 9s and 10s in you life.
Thanks for the tip about Huntington Beach.

As far as cutting the trip to LA shorter. I'm a huge Dodgers fan which is the main reason we are going out west in the first place. If I wasn't a Dodgers fan I wouldn't be flying all the way out there So it's a must that I see at least 2 games while I'm there. Hopefully when were not at the games we can do a little driving around and typical tourist stuff.

As far as spending time in SD I think we'll still accomplish that. Fly in on Friday before dinner, spend all Friday night and all Saturday in SD. Then we'll end up driving back to SD the following Thursday afternoon/night and likely spending all of Friday in SD. So we'll get 2 full days in SD plus a whole night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2012, 04:32 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,486,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
They might find that useful but I think they are looking for other things to do besides the Strip.
So, I take it that it wasn't you who gave me the rep point for posting it.

Old 03-03-2012, 01:09 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,340,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
So, I take it that it wasn't you who gave me the rep point for posting it.
Of course not, I would never reprimand you.

Old 03-03-2012, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post

As far as cutting the trip to LA shorter. I'm a huge Dodgers fan which is the main reason we are going out west in the first place. If I wasn't a Dodgers fan I wouldn't be flying all the way out there So it's a must that I see at least 2 games while I'm there. Hopefully when were not at the games we can do a little driving around and typical tourist stuff.

As far as spending time in SD I think we'll still accomplish that. Fly in on Friday before dinner, spend all Friday night and all Saturday in SD. Then we'll end up driving back to SD the following Thursday afternoon/night and likely spending all of Friday in SD. So we'll get 2 full days in SD plus a whole night.
Here's a tip we discovered. Had been going to LA for 35 years or so and hated it until we decided to play tourist and take a bus tour of the star's homes. The reason we hated it was we had never done any fun stuff, and we were always getting lost and fighting the traffic. Letting someone else drive and point out interesting things made us see what we'd been missing. Plus it saved us a lot of time and stress. We now have GPS, but back then we bought a pop-up map and learned LA is not so hard to navigate after all. Now we go more often and enjoy everything, especially the museums, restaurants, and things like the Farmer's Market. I can now whip around Hollywood/Beverly Hills like a local, and find Rodeo Drive without a map. Pasadena is our new favorite hangout. I like Santa Monica too.

Old 03-03-2012, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statz2k10 View Post

Why go back to SD? Fly home from Las Vegas. You could spend an extra day in SD before moving on to LA/Las Vegas and still have at least one more day here.

Old 03-03-2012, 02:57 PM

3,811 posts, read 4,688,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
Why go back to SD? Fly home from Las Vegas. You could spend an extra day in SD before moving on to LA/Las Vegas and still have at least one more day here.

That is an excellent point! Aside from the great info that might be the most helpful post I've gotten yet! Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas