Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 02:04 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,359,111 times

Advertisements

File a complaint with the Nevada State Real Estate Commissioner.

Nevada Real Estate Division

Old 03-16-2012, 07:46 AM

2,340 posts, read 4,631,920 times
Your story doesn't make any sense. It sounds like you used the sellers agent and if so, she represents them first.

Also, who agent is going to present an offer for less over one for more and get less commission??

Old 03-16-2012, 07:48 AM

15,856 posts, read 14,483,585 times
IIRC, agents are required to present all offers.

Old 03-16-2012, 08:06 AM

1,631 posts, read 3,952,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangdolphy View Post
Hi, I just want to get clarification and get this off of my chest coz its been killing me like I felt we got rob. here's the scenario, we saw a house that we really like and made an offer say on March 1. our realtor that day promise to submit our offer but she did not let us sign anything and told us that she will use the paperworks that we previously signed from another house that we offered. the next day she said the seller already accepted another offer and will make our offer as backup, we recently found out that the house was sold for less than what we were offering and the buyer's agent for that house was our realtor. She gave the house to someone who she think is more qualified to get the loan. Is that legal, we were there first, she lied to us. what action we can do against her? I am planning to call her broker but I want to know first what basis i can lay against her.

thanks
You need to contact her broker asap and let the broker know what she did.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:03 AM

6 posts, read 12,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baybook View Post
Your story doesn't make any sense. It sounds like you used the sellers agent and if so, she represents them first.

Also, who agent is going to present an offer for less over one for more and get less commission??

read properly . I did not use sellers agent, I brought my agent there when I saw the property.

"Also, who agent is going to present an offer for less over one for more and get less commission??"---------EXACTLY my point that's why I am now angered and is suspecting that my agent is related to the other buyer. The house was everything we are looking for, it was just posted for sale that day we found it. we offered for full asking price. now we found out that it was sold for $10K less than what we offered. I will call the seller's agent later to see if our offer was really submitted, then I will go from there.

Old 03-16-2012, 09:24 AM

990 posts, read 1,654,798 times
Find out the name off "the other agent" and have him/her find you a house.

Old 03-16-2012, 11:13 AM

11,177 posts, read 16,021,941 times
Quote:
She gave the house to someone who she think is more qualified to get the loan. Is that legal, we were there first, she lied to us. what action we can do against her?
Quote:
The house was everything we are looking for, it was just posted for sale that day we found it. we offered for full asking price. now we found out that it was sold for $10K less than what we offered.
I'm not sure that I understand your issue correctly, but let me note that sellers don't always select the highest offer when multiple offers are presented. I, for example, received 5 offers the first weekend we put our house on the market, four of which were over our asking price. I accepted the second highest offer - - - one that was about $15,000 less than the highest offer - - - because I was 100% sure that there would be no problems with the sale going through and I was a bit concerned with the person who made the highest offer.

My point is that if your offer wasn't presented that is one thing; however, if your offer was presented, but the seller accepted one that was lower than yours, then you really don't have an issue.

Old 03-16-2012, 12:22 PM

2,076 posts, read 4,074,309 times
In addition to this, you just can't always assume that closing price=offer price.

They could have offered full price or over, but the appraisal could have came in low or items found in the inspection could have caused a reduction in closing price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
I'm not sure that I understand your issue correctly, but let me note that sellers don't always select the highest offer when multiple offers are presented. I, for example, received 5 offers the first weekend we put our house on the market, four of which were over our asking price. I accepted the second highest offer - - - one that was about $15,000 less than the highest offer - - - because I was 100% sure that there would be no problems with the sale going through and I was a bit concerned with the person who made the highest offer.

My point is that if your offer wasn't presented that is one thing; however, if your offer was presented, but the seller accepted one that was lower than yours, then you really don't have an issue.

Old 03-16-2012, 01:42 PM

11,177 posts, read 16,021,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieJeff View Post
In addition to this, you just can't always assume that closing price=offer price.

They could have offered full price or over, but the appraisal could have came in low or items found in the inspection could have caused a reduction in closing price.
Actually, we knew that wasn't going to be an issue because we had an appraisal conducted before we put the house on the market. Moreover, the offer we accepted included a provision that the buyer would not request any changes or compensation as a result of the inspection. In fact, that was one of the reasons (in addition to their financials) that that was the offer we accepted.

But your point is worth noting to others. Coincidentally, the appraisal on the house we purchased in Vegas came in below the contract price. Consequently, we got it for $30,000 less than we expected. That was a nice unexpected bonus for us.

Old 03-16-2012, 07:03 PM

2,724 posts, read 4,764,554 times
Verbal agreements are worthless, without any corroborative evidence the agent's managing brokerage will very likely turn a blind eye. Realtors can and do refuse to submit offers for a variety of reasons. That's a fact.

Certainly, you have cause to be upset however, if what you really want is a nice house I would concentrate my time and energy on that instead.

Also, you should refrain from getting emotional attached to individual properties.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: