Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2012, 08:00 PM

1 posts, read 905 times

Advertisements

I wonder if anyone has a similar experience. I used to live in an apartment in Vegas, I paid on time every month and handed in my notice when I moved out. I did not have to collect a security deposit as I never paid one. I moved out and never received any invoice or phone call that I owe money. It's just appeared on my credit report. $439 Is this legal ? Surely they have to inform you that you owe them something. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2012, 08:58 AM

390 posts, read 752,481 times
I am not an attorney, but you should contact the person that says you owe, then tell them to "verify" the debt.(prove that it is your debt). Then contact the credit bureas, tell them to remove this from your credit report if they cannot verify that you owe this...(I think they must do this within 30 days.) If they cannot verify, they are required to remove it.
Experian
P.O. Box 2002
Allen, TX 75013

TransUnion
P.O. Box 2000
Chester, PA 19022-2000

NCAC (Experian)
P.O. Box 9701
Allen, TX 75013
Equifax Information Services, LLC
P.O. Box 740256
Atlanta, GA 30374

If you pm me, I'll send you a basic letter to send. Good luck!

Old 03-24-2012, 11:13 AM

4,862 posts, read 7,939,637 times
It might be a good idea to look and see what's on your credit report. You can get one free per year from the 3 mentioned above. some people just get one from an individual CR agency every 4 months to cover the whole year or you can get one from each at the same time.

You can go to https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp to get your free reports. Don't forget to copy the or save the report once you view it. As a matter of fact I need to do one myself.

Old 03-24-2012, 12:34 PM

390 posts, read 752,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
It might be a good idea to look and see what's on your credit report. You can get one free per year from the 3 mentioned above. some people just get one from an individual CR agency every 4 months to cover the whole year or you can get one from each at the same time.

You can go to https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/index.jsp to get your free reports. Don't forget to copy the or save the report once you view it. As a matter of fact I need to do one myself.
Thats a great point! Any errors on the report circle in red... But know that the annualcreditreport does not give you a fico score. Also keep in mind that once you order this report, you have notified all credit companies WHERE you are and how they can reach you. (These credit reporting agencies make their money selling the info to creditors.) So if you're "flying under the radar", (moved alot etc.), you now notified all of them. I wonder if the op moved out of Las Vegas? Maybe the apt. complex tried to contact him, mail is only forwarded so long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas