Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 03:10 PM

460 posts, read 987,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
Because we wanted to walk everywhere and see as much as possible.
Same here. Hard to see much from the monorail, and even harder to take pictures, from it. I do take a cab if I'm in a hurry to get somewhere, but for actual sightseeing, I enjoy walking. And I also agree that, Las Vegas seems to have the hardest damn concrete sidewalks, in the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2012, 04:32 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,486,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muonic View Post
Same here. Hard to see much from the monorail, and even harder to take pictures, from it.
Kind of weird how they messed that up, isn't it? I think a bunch of kindergartner's could have told the how to do it right. It's a real shame...to have the most amazing night view of any street in the world...and yet they absolutely blew it. Kind of like landing on Boardwalk in Monopoly...and saying no thanks...I'll wait my next turn to buy Baltic Ave.

Old 03-30-2012, 06:03 PM

2,700 posts, read 4,936,320 times
And there is always the ever popular Hooker giving a hand job in one of the many side "alleys" off the Strip....

Old 03-31-2012, 01:51 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,340,514 times
What we need here are the hop on/hop off busses. We've used them in Boston, San Diego, and Paris, and you can't beat them for getting around. But I doubt the politicians would allow them, and the taxi cab union (Teamsters) would probably fire bomb them. They've done it to non-union cabs, and scab drivers, in the past.

Old 03-31-2012, 02:01 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,340,514 times
TweedleDee, you still don't get it. WHAT FRIGGIN HOTEL will you be staying at? We know you'll be on the Strip, but what we recommend that's within walking distance depends on what hotel. It also depends on how hot it is, so the month would be good to know too. When it's 115º out there, walking is limited. But if you were staying at NYNY, The MGM, The Tropicana, or Excalibur, you could spend a day just at the intersection of Tropicana Avenue and Las Vegas Blvd (the Strip) and not run out of things to do. Same for Flamingo Road and LV Blvd. if you stay at Bellagio, or Caesars, or the Flamingo, or Ballys, etc.

Old 03-31-2012, 04:07 AM

65 posts, read 85,481 times
see the homeless people living in the sewers. its somewhere near Seizures Palace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: