Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 07:43 AM

2,724 posts, read 4,754,943 times

Advertisements

Naked City is not at all what the name implies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2013, 12:04 PM

9 posts, read 16,013 times
Like any other city you have good and bad. Personally I would avoid N and W Las Vegas but I also tried to avoid E Bonanza and the Cheyenne/Nellis area as well. That was many years ago and not all of those areas were all bad, just needed more caution.

Old 12-18-2013, 02:23 PM

135 posts, read 292,003 times
you do realize that you bump a thread from 2012 right?

Old 12-18-2013, 04:22 PM

I wasn't aware there was a time limit to posting to a topic, since it was still on this page.

Old 12-18-2013, 05:07 PM

31 posts, read 48,158 times
Default w las vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonWolf View Post
Like any other city you have good and bad. Personally I would avoid N and W Las Vegas but I also tried to avoid E Bonanza and the Cheyenne/Nellis area as well. That was many years ago and not all of those areas were all bad, just needed more caution.
when you say avoid west las vegas would that mean 215 and Charleston area or summerlin? I thought thaty area looked good.

Old 12-18-2013, 07:57 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,750,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by britts-daddy View Post
when you say avoid west las vegas would that mean 215 and Charleston area or summerlin? I thought thaty area looked good.
Las Vegas is loaded with coded names. West Las Vegas ain't west...it is more North West...but not very far North West.

That is why we claim western Las Vegas to be in the NW or SW as west was already taken.

We do all this to confuse newcomers who end up unable to determine whether the locals are madmen or they are.

Old 12-18-2013, 07:59 PM

Quote:
I meant the Decatur/Rancho and Vegas Drive area actually, but as I said that was many years ago and I'm sure alot has changed. Most areas out that way were still pretty decent.

Old 12-19-2013, 06:48 AM

4,947 posts, read 10,785,845 times
If I didn't work in Vegas, I'd never leave Henderson.

Old 12-19-2013, 09:17 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,063,215 times
Quote:
When they say "west Las Vegas" they mean the hood. That was west Las Vegas about a zillion years ago. Now the valley stretches all the way to the base of the mountains on the west. Anything west of Tenaya or Buffalo is a pretty good bet (if you can afford it) That area is generally referred to as Summerlin, though not all of it is actually Summerlin.

The southwest includes communities such as Mountain's Edge and parts of Spring Valley. The northwest includes Centennial Hills and the Elkhorn Springs area. All are fine.

Old 12-19-2013, 02:59 PM

31 posts, read 48,158 times
Default thanks for info nlvgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
When they say "west Las Vegas" they mean the hood. That was west Las Vegas about a zillion years ago. Now the valley stretches all the way to the base of the mountains on the west. Anything west of Tenaya or Buffalo is a pretty good bet (if you can afford it) That area is generally referred to as Summerlin, though not all of it is actually Summerlin.

The southwest includes communities such as Mountain's Edge and parts of Spring Valley. The northwest includes Centennial Hills and the Elkhorn Springs area. All are fine.
I did a lot of driving around the last three times out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas