Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 12:16 AM

263 posts, read 603,178 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exaday View Post
Yawn.

It's stolen property that they think belongs to you and have traced back to you.

If they wanted to arrest you they would have seeing as they know you have retrieved registered mail.

They are simply trying to return property that was recovered in some connection with a crime and believe to belong to you.

Glad I could solve this for you.
You are probably right. But I watch too much Investigation Discovery, and see a lot of innocent people getting implicated in crimes they didn't commit going to prison for years. Yeah, I guess you can say I do not trust the police or our legal system. And that lawyer that was calling was very shady.

Old 07-19-2012, 12:39 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,408,068 times
It might be interesting (and worth the small amount of money it would cost), to hire an attorney to contact the attorney who called you, to find out what's up with that part of it.

Old 07-19-2012, 01:12 AM

10,864 posts, read 16,990,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
It might be interesting (and worth the small amount of money it would cost), to hire an attorney to contact the attorney who called you, to find out what's up with that part of it.
That's been my point all along. I would have no problems calling the attorney myself, because I've been through this particular wringer before, and know what NOT to say. But I wouldn't suggest that hotpa2d2 do this because she might freak out and say more than she should. The point is, there's an attorney calling, and police trying to contact -- perhaps about the same car. Maybe there was an incident. Maybe not.

But sticking one's head in the sand isn't a good strategy. It could be very costly. It could also be nothing. But I wouldn't chance it.

Old 07-19-2012, 02:00 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,408,068 times
I think the police department letter could be ignored, but the attorney calling is worth checking on. There may be a connection between the two or not, but using an attorney for a relatively cheap phone call sounds good to me.

Old 07-19-2012, 11:30 AM

1,460 posts, read 2,807,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotpa2d2 View Post
You are probably right. But I watch too much Investigation Discovery, and see a lot of innocent people getting implicated in crimes they didn't commit going to prison for years. Yeah, I guess you can say I do not trust the police or our legal system. And that lawyer that was calling was very shady.

Honestly I don't understand.

If I were you I would call the attorney and demand what they hell he wants. What if he was wanting to buy service for his wife? Who knows could be many things. Don't be afraid of an attorney though. Give me his number and give me your name and I'll call him,lol.

Old 07-19-2012, 02:17 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,493,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseton3 View Post
This entire thread is like a great mystery book. I just can't wait for a conclusion.
I loved these guys...together.

Spoiler

And I loved Chaz...as Chastity, too.

Old 07-19-2012, 06:48 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,751,778 times
I think the certified letter was to see if you would sign for it, to acknowledge that you exist. Now that you have signed for the letter, they know you are alive and well.

This kind of reminds me of a show on 20/20. They had guys with warrants, so they sent them a "Wow, you won a 55" plasma TV! Come down to claim it." and as soon as the guy came down, he picked up the box and they slapped handcuffs on him.

My 2 cents. Something is strange here. If it were just random weird letters from Metro, well okay, but you have an attorney calling you and Metro writing you at the same time...both these things sound simultaneously suspicious.

But I could be wrong.

You might have an innoculous piece of property sitting up there....

Old 07-19-2012, 07:04 PM

383 posts, read 901,078 times
Days are numbered if they are really after something. If I had nothing to hide or had done nothing wrong I would go face the music. Nothing could be worse than looking over your shoulder everyday or wondering is today the day I get arrested in front of my neighbors, co-workers or family. I'd rather go in and deal with it on my terms. The not knowing would drive me crazy. On the other hand maybe the poster knows there is a problem and is living in denial with the help of other people telling them there is nothing to worry about. Either way I'm sucked in to the whole carnival like show that is going on. I'm definately ready for the final chapter all though I feel it will go on and on then in the end we will never know. Just like the end of the Sopranos. This post will just fade to black with all of us spitting out our ideas of what really happened.

Old 07-19-2012, 07:32 PM

2,724 posts, read 4,763,331 times
^^^
Outstanding warrant. Saves time/money, instead of hunting you down you come to them.
To catch rabbits, use carrots.

Old 07-19-2012, 07:56 PM

263 posts, read 603,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exaday View Post
Honestly I don't understand.

If I were you I would call the attorney and demand what they hell he wants. What if he was wanting to buy service for his wife? Who knows could be many things. Don't be afraid of an attorney though. Give me his number and give me your name and I'll call him,lol.

Mark Nash (702)686-1166. Let me know what he says...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: