Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2012, 09:20 AM

1 posts, read 1,236 times

Advertisements

We are relocating to Henderson Nevada in June. My daughter will be going into 4th grade next year. Can anyone let me know about the schools.
It looks like she would be going to Ulis Newton, but also has the option to go to Coral Academy of Science.
If anyone has any pros or cons with either of these schools or any other recommendations for schools, please let me know.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2012, 07:00 PM

1,059 posts, read 2,214,208 times
My DD attended the Coral Academy of Science school in Reno from 4th to 7th grade. We moved to TX 6 weeks ago and sadly had to pull her out and put her in school here in TX.

While I do not know much about the Vegas campus I can tell you that the Reno campus is the best school in N. NV and the high school ranks 2nd in the state.

Excellent excellent school. My DD is in a good school here in TX but its not Coral and boy do we miss it.

I would encourage you to give it a try, it was the best thing we did for DD. She is currently enrolled in a TX deemed "exemplary" school in the top math class the school has to offer and she is still ahead of the entire class. For 8th grade she will be able to start Algebra just like she would have at Coral so we are hoping she is not too far ahead and remains challenged.

Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions that I might as a parent be able to answer

Old 05-29-2012, 01:00 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,732,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeters0905 View Post
We are relocating to Henderson Nevada in June. My daughter will be going into 4th grade next year. Can anyone let me know about the schools.
It looks like she would be going to Ulis Newton, but also has the option to go to Coral Academy of Science.
If anyone has any pros or cons with either of these schools or any other recommendations for schools, please let me know.

Thanks
Neither school is noteworthy. CAS is a state charted school so is out of the CCSD system. Its accountability numbers however are not impressive. It is rather new so this could be start of problems.

Your daughter is probably OK in either but I would be very careful about the middle school in a couple of years .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas