Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 08:18 PM

61 posts, read 105,070 times

Advertisements

I'm dieing from these allergies. I was fine, until (seriously) first day of fall. Bam! Throat itchy & hurts, cant breathe (all congested)-but sometimes nose will run, my voice is hoarse; head thumping. I just want to go to bed. Taking advil, the "las vegas homeopathic allergy mix", and saline spray for nose. Nothing is helping!.... Help...

(I do have huge oleanders in my back yard. Should I cut them down?). (I enjoy the shade, but not enough to put up with this, if this is what is causing it). Oleanders didnt bother me all summer, so that wouldnt be it, would it?

You guys are smarter than me, I'm pretty new here in Vegas. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2013, 11:44 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,482,709 times
Whole Foods has local honey.

My allergies have been off the charts since moving here.
It's something in the valley...when I drive to AZ I'm fine as soon as I lift out of the valley and get hit with it as soon as I drop back in.

Old 03-26-2014, 12:55 PM

1,245 posts, read 1,828,693 times
Anybody have anything to add to this thread? The wind the last couple of days has certainly been stirring the pollen up. I made a mistake of working outside a few days ago and haved been suffering ever since.

Old 03-26-2014, 07:40 PM

1,828 posts, read 5,313,645 times
I get hay fever, mostly sinus drip and congestion. It was rough for two months leading into February, but I'm good currently. I even worked in the yard the last two weekends.

Old 12-16-2018, 08:29 PM

1 posts, read 375 times
Wow thanks for the info and good to know other people is like me unfortunately, I moved from tropical weather to here Las Vegas I have allergies all the time they are interrupting my daily life and cant perform in my job oh well I am getting an idea where are they coming from … hope everyone is better!!!

Old 12-17-2018, 11:43 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,699,483 times
A friend uses this and swears by it. It takes a few days to work fully, but apparently it stops her problems.

https://www.amazon.com/Las-Vegas-All.../dp/B007XJ54XE

She found it at a local compounding store. I don't think she paid that much for it.

The last two Sundays I have awakened sneezing then spent the rest of the day taking Benadryl to try to control the symptoms. We should have bought stock in Puffs years ago. Last week it lasted until Wednesday morning. This week it seems to have subsided already.

I hope.

Old 12-17-2018, 12:19 PM

2,413 posts, read 2,030,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
A friend uses this and swears by it. It takes a few days to work fully, but apparently it stops her problems.

https://www.amazon.com/Las-Vegas-All.../dp/B007XJ54XE

She found it at a local compounding store. I don't think she paid that much for it.

Quote:
Ingredients

Alternaria tenuis 6x, Cladosporium fulvum 6x, European olive 6x, Fruitless mulberry 6x, Mountain cedar 6x, Oleander 6x, Rocky Mountain juniper 6x, Ustilago smut 6x inactive ingredients : 20% alchohol

So what is the theory here? Take the area's worst allergens and spray them up your nose?

Of course

Quote:
Legal Disclaimer

Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.

Old 12-17-2018, 02:45 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,699,483 times
I only pass along the fact that she is getting relief from it. If you are concerned about ingredients then I advise you to not use it.

Simple.

Old 12-17-2018, 03:35 PM

2,076 posts, read 4,073,711 times
The Las Vegas Allergy Mix is pretty popular, I know many people who use it.

No different than the allergy desensitization shots I have been receiving for over ten years now. Can you believe they actually inject me with the things I am allergic to and through some warlock magic it somehow makes me less allergic to those things?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
So what is the theory here? Take the area's worst allergens and spray them up your nose?

Of course
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas