Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 11:27 AM

4,947 posts, read 10,809,283 times

Advertisements

Those racks DO like good.
I'm gonna stop by Homeboy Depot when I get back from doing nothing at Boulder Beach.
Lets see how long till I hang them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2012, 02:09 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,394,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
Those racks DO like good.
I'm gonna stop by Homeboy Depot when I get back from doing nothing at Boulder Beach.
Lets see how long till I hang them.
Well, yes, if I left that kind of stuff up to myself to install, it would get dusty first....

Old 05-28-2012, 06:02 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaggerLee22 View Post
Trying to make some room in the garage and that tree is taking up space.
It's a 8ft pre-lit {lights built in} tall green/brown tree I got from Sears for 350$--it's nice.
I don't wanna ruin it.
Will it survive the summer heat if I throw it up in the attic?
Silly you. That's like one of my brothers asking me "Since you live in the desert, when you are driving in the hot summer, do your tires melt?"

Old 05-28-2012, 06:23 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
ACTUALLY Pinkish person....they DO to an extent....

WAY back [when I was still married to my firstxwifewhatzername] We drove up to Death Valley...HOTTER n the Gate of Hell....we parked at Furnace Creek inn...went in, had dinner, hungout in the bar....went back out....the world had cooled....got in the car...popped it into reverse and tore a Hole out of the right rear tire....the heat of the road on a 120 degree day had softened the rubber...the asphalt was hot and soft...then everything cooler....and stuck together.......

Old 05-28-2012, 07:05 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,340,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
I don't have a prelit one, but we've kept a very nice artificial tree in a Phoenix area garage for years with no problems. I don't think it will "melt" in the attic.
Same here, but with prelit trees.

Old 05-28-2012, 08:06 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
ACTUALLY Pinkish person....they DO to an extent....

WAY back [when I was still married to my firstxwifewhatzername] We drove up to Death Valley...HOTTER n the Gate of Hell....we parked at Furnace Creek inn...went in, had dinner, hungout in the bar....went back out....the world had cooled....got in the car...popped it into reverse and tore a Hole out of the right rear tire....the heat of the road on a 120 degree day had softened the rubber...the asphalt was hot and soft...then everything cooler....and stuck together.......
That can only happen to you.
As for the tree in the attic or garage, we store our fake christmas tree in the garage all year long for years, and it has never once melted or become deformed. Well...there is less of the bottom part of it every year due to a cat that likes to eat it.

Old 05-28-2012, 08:14 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
put a screw eye in the bottom of the fake trunk.....cut a hole in a large trashbag....slip the bag over the tree [trunk thru the hole] suspend the tree from a screweye in the corner of the garage,,,,,

OH and Pinkishperson :P:P:P
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas