Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 10:28 PM

557 posts, read 793,068 times

Advertisements

I am getting ready to make an offer on a house in Pallatzo Monte right off Seven Hills Dr. I visited the property and did not notice any aircraft noise while in the area for a few hours. Can anyone local to the area, advise if airport noise is an issue . It looks like the airport and Pallatzo Monte map out around a distance of .75 miles so this has my attention . Any other info on that sub division or Seven Hills in general would be a big help. I have been looking forward to moving to the area for over 20 years. I am getting ready to retire and jump right in, and most important my wife is on board with the move.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2012, 09:47 AM

Location: Undisclosed location in the American desert Southwest
188 posts, read 482,464 times
From Henderson executive airport? I wouldn't worry about it.

Old 06-01-2012, 10:31 PM

Thanks.

Old 06-02-2012, 09:28 PM

383 posts, read 900,865 times
I live in the Terraces about a mile or so down the street. I wouldn't worry to much unless you are super sensitive. To me by the time I realize I'm hearing something its gone. Helicopters come and go but not often enough to bother me.

Old 06-02-2012, 11:06 PM

I spoke to the manager at Henderson Ex Aiport and was told planes take off and land North and South. The manager said there can be an issue during the weekend with the student flyers in their Turbo props as they circle the airport. Does this add up for all those locals that live in the area ?

Old 06-04-2012, 10:04 PM

2,700 posts, read 4,936,320 times
Question..,If you are that worried about airport noise..Why would you even consider buying near one....

Old 06-05-2012, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCpl2 View Post
Question..,If you are that worried about airport noise..Why would you even consider buying near one....
The entire valley is located near an aiport or flight path. It seems out of all the airports in town Henderson is the smallest. They use a North and South take off/ landing and the community I am looking at is around a mile away to the East of the airport. I was in the area a few hours and have viewed Goggle maps, but a locals viewpoint is what I value. Are you local ? if so, any feedback.

Old 06-05-2012, 04:44 PM

25 posts, read 51,805 times
Onlyliveonce, I lived in Seven Hills Presido (right next to Rio Secco golf club) for 6 yrs (from 2000 to 2006) and I can honestly say I was never bothered by any airplane noise. Sometimes you can hear the jets from Nellis doing maneuvers, flying side by side, but that is on a very a rare occasion. We now live in Anthem, right by the Henderson Exec airport, off of Volunteer, and although we do hear an occasional small plane it in no way effects living conditions. Unless you have very sensitive ears, it shouldn't be a problem at all. Enjoy Seven Hills, great area !

Old 06-05-2012, 04:48 PM

2,700 posts, read 4,936,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onlyliveonce View Post
The entire valley is located near an aiport or flight path. It seems out of all the airports in town Henderson is the smallest. They use a North and South take off/ landing and the community I am looking at is around a mile away to the East of the airport. I was in the area a few hours and have viewed Goggle maps, but a locals viewpoint is what I value. Are you local ? if so, any feedback.
Nope, not local..Just don't like people buying or looking to buy near something that may or may not make noise and then complain it's nosiy....

Old 06-05-2012, 05:17 PM

646 posts, read 1,156,224 times
Well, Onlyliveonce seems to be trying *not* to choose an area where the air traffic is too loud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: