Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 06:37 PM

4,862 posts, read 7,959,482 times

Advertisements

I heard there are desiginated days when people can wash their cars.. Hopefully it will never get to the point where people won't be allowed to bathe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2012, 06:45 PM

1,828 posts, read 5,311,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltovegas View Post
I heard there are desiginated days when people can wash their cars.. Hopefully it will never get to the point where people won't be allowed to bathe.
SNWA already has designated "Okay to number 2" days (link); each home can use the latrine on your home's designated watering/pooping days. They are the same days you can water your lawn, so three times per week.

The fines are hefty, so don't get caught with your pants down.

Old 06-06-2012, 09:58 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times
You're supposed to wash your car? I feel if my car looks like crap, no one will steal it.

Old 06-07-2012, 08:34 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
buy a tan or beige colored car,,,,,and never wash it

Old 06-07-2012, 09:05 AM

73 posts, read 118,104 times
I assume there are coin operated self serve places down there? I have always just used their high power sprayer, brought my own bucket, cloth, soap and towel (people love me when they see this and have to wait). I always keep a clean car and found this to be easier than driveway washing due to the spray gun (I hate rolling hoses and I can't get the same pressure). 3 bucks and done!

Old 06-26-2012, 09:45 PM

73 posts, read 118,104 times
Actually, does anyone know where there is a self wash around Rhodes Ranch? These places are hard to find - plenty of car wash joints, but I refuse to put my car into a machine. I Googled and found a place close, but when I got there it didn't exist. I drove to Terribles and then sent me down the street to another Terribles, but I didn't see a self wash there either. I ended up in Spring Valley somewhere but that seemed way too far to wash a car. I guess I am used to a Brown Bear on every corner in Seattle.

Old 06-26-2012, 10:18 PM

135 posts, read 293,081 times
I just emptied about 4,000 gallon of water from an above ground pool that I returned. Took 24hrs to empty and 2 people knock on the door concerned with a leak. After I told them it was the above ground pool they simply left. I'm sure washing your car on the weekend or night time shouldn't cause too much issues unless your neighbors complains to the HOA.

Old 06-26-2012, 10:27 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,479,590 times
Default coin op

I too have had trouble finding those coin-op self service car wash bays...in Denver they were everywhere...in LV, not so much. I found one in NLV today though.

I'm in an apartment so I need this type of car wash now and then to power wash other things such as oh, say litter boxes and such!

Old 06-27-2012, 03:53 AM

3,683 posts, read 9,857,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latin_racer View Post
I just emptied about 4,000 gallon of water from an above ground pool that I returned. Took 24hrs to empty and 2 people knock on the door concerned with a leak. After I told them it was the above ground pool they simply left. I'm sure washing your car on the weekend or night time shouldn't cause too much issues unless your neighbors complains to the HOA.
You're supposed to drain you pool into the sewer so the water can be treated and returned to the Colorado River. Every gallon of recycled water returned to the Colorado River offsets a gallon of water taken as part Nevada's allocation of Colorado River water.

If you lived in my neighborhood and I saw you draining your pool into the street, I would have reported you to SNWA. Ignorant people need to be punished.

You're allowed to wash each car once per week under current SNWA drought restrictions. Unless the HOA pays your water bill, I'm not sure why they would create a rule that restricts your water use (mine doesn't).

Old 06-27-2012, 08:11 AM

103 posts, read 205,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MediocreButArrogant View Post

If you lived in my neighborhood and I saw you draining your pool into the street, I would have reported you to SNWA. Ignorant people need to be punished.
Your post is quite inappropriate. Not I, not most others, would see the poster being referred to, as being what you called him/her. Your thoughts are appreciated but I assure you that you are the problem, not the poster.

A little piece of knowledge: While it varies, certainly in this case, rules tend to be guidelines, not absolutes. Yes, if you report something like this, authority is obligated to do something about it. With that said, the general rule that most follow, and what authority hopes you follow, is to mind your own business UNLESS another continuously breaks a rule or the rule being broken is of a more serious nature.

If you still don't understand, I invite you to come up here to Montana and try reporting somebody over something such as this. I promise you will learn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas