Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2012, 11:42 AM

579 posts, read 997,096 times

Advertisements

I am looking Summerlin's covenants and trying to find what covers noise. The people behind me go out of town every weekend now and their adult son comes home and throws parties outside while they are away. He cannot even keep his parties indoors which would probably make little or no noise.

On eight different occasions we have had to tell them to shut up between 1-4am, and there are 30 or so other times we did not, most of which came when this first started. It started out politely, but now the kid is out of control with more people coming every week and it gets louder and louder.

The county's ordinance covers any hour, but I thought Summerlin's had specific quiet hours like 11pm-7am. Does anyone know it specifically? It is becoming a nuisance, and when they had a huge bash Metro did not show up so I am wondering if that is even a solution. I was going to send a certified letter to the parents and start documenting and recording the parties so I could maybe have them declared a nuisance and take civil and criminal action. It has truly gotten that bad.

It looks like Clark County's noise ordinance is criminal and civil giving me a lot of rights, but I'm hoping to find a way to just put an end to having to go outside every weekend at 3am to tell them to shut up and have confrontations with an increasingly out of control group of people. Any help would be appreciated.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2012, 11:55 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
shuldnt make a differance.....city and county both have noise laws and summerlin by state law can not make a rule that is less strict the city county or state law......despite what summerline might think they are still a psrt of Nevada.

Note...ki am not a lawyer nor to i play one on TV altho I hsve used one on occassion

Old 06-10-2012, 12:01 PM

579 posts, read 997,096 times
I guess you are right. I did not think about that great point. If the county has a 24 hour noise ordinance, it would trump the HOA. I guess that is why I cannot find it.

Old 06-10-2012, 12:39 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times
I believe that its 10pm during the weel and midnight on weekends...but it may be earlier....call the NON EMERGENCY Metro line and ask them.....

Old 06-10-2012, 05:04 PM

10,481 posts, read 25,275,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVPoker1 View Post
I am looking Summerlin's covenants and trying to find what covers noise. The people behind me go out of town every weekend now and their adult son comes home and throws parties outside while they are away. He cannot even keep his parties indoors which would probably make little or no noise.

On eight different occasions we have had to tell them to shut up between 1-4am, and there are 30 or so other times we did not, most of which came when this first started. It started out politely, but now the kid is out of control with more people coming every week and it gets louder and louder.

The county's ordinance covers any hour, but I thought Summerlin's had specific quiet hours like 11pm-7am. Does anyone know it specifically? It is becoming a nuisance, and when they had a huge bash Metro did not show up so I am wondering if that is even a solution. I was going to send a certified letter to the parents and start documenting and recording the parties so I could maybe have them declared a nuisance and take civil and criminal action. It has truly gotten that bad.

It looks like Clark County's noise ordinance is criminal and civil giving me a lot of rights, but I'm hoping to find a way to just put an end to having to go outside every weekend at 3am to tell them to shut up and have confrontations with an increasingly out of control group of people. Any help would be appreciated.
Keep bugging the HOA about it plus call the cops. Eventually something will get done about it.

Old 06-10-2012, 07:30 PM

3,663 posts, read 5,671,797 times
I had a neighbor get drunk and loud one night...all by himself. I finally went over and told him that his music and catcalls were keeping awake and politely asked him knock it the heck off. He proceeded to get louder, so I called the police. They asked him, politely, of course, to knock it off and the guy agreed. After they left, he turned everything up as loud as possible and became a real jerk. I called the police again and they arrested him. I didn't live in an HOA and Metro took care of it. *shrug*

Old 06-10-2012, 11:44 PM

542 posts, read 986,068 times
Maybe you're upset you don't get an invite to what sounds like a kick-butt party?

Old 06-11-2012, 07:35 PM

A sweaty, stinky, one-man, hootin' annie is really not my thing.

Old 06-11-2012, 09:24 PM

11,175 posts, read 16,008,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Everdeen View Post
A sweaty, stinky, one-man, hootin' annie is really not my thing.
hootin' annie??

Who's annie?

And why is she hootin'?

Old 06-11-2012, 09:58 PM

oops. Hootnanny (my bad)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas