Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 12:26 PM

4,400 posts, read 13,362,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchu View Post
Life is just to short to sleep on a cheap mattress.
I so agree. I was able to get a discount through work on a Tempurpedic...the difference in how well I sleep and how I feel when I wake up is worth the extra money paid for the mattress.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2012, 12:39 PM

10,865 posts, read 16,931,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchu View Post
Life is just to short to sleep on a cheap mattress.
Most expensive mattresses are just mattresses that have passed through the hands of a lot of middlemen.

One of the things these stores do is to re-name the mattress so nobody can call them on the "if you can find it anywhere else for less we'll refund the difference" claims. The mattress factories are happy to oblige.

For latex mattresses, for instance, there are only two manufacturers in the United States. Good luck trying to find them, but it can be done. The latex mattress we bought was a few hundred dollars more than buying it directly from the factory. But it included shipping, and since we bought it at Costco, the world's best return policy.

Old 06-12-2012, 01:01 PM

9,479 posts, read 12,226,822 times
Anyone use a local Sleep Number store?

My parents have had a Sleep Number bed for at least 15 years now and they swear by them. I am currently sleeping on a cheap-o mattress that will be replaced when I move and I am thinking about Sleep Number. I can tell my old one is not helping my back problems

Old 06-12-2012, 04:45 PM

1,245 posts, read 1,820,522 times
Occasionally, Big Lots gets some $1200 foam mattresses that they sell for $400. Need a platform bed though.

Old 06-12-2012, 05:00 PM

4,400 posts, read 13,362,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
Anyone use a local Sleep Number store?

My parents have had a Sleep Number bed for at least 15 years now and they swear by them. I am currently sleeping on a cheap-o mattress that will be replaced when I move and I am thinking about Sleep Number. I can tell my old one is not helping my back problems
I have heard some negatives from people on the delay in getting a replacement/repair if the sleep system goes out. As the whole point is being able to adjust the bed, if that goes out, that is a big deal. I looked at those and also the Tempurpedic...I will admit the discount I got on the bed (about 75% off retail) did help the decision...but I was concerned about the Sleep Number feedback even before I got the job and bought the Tempurpedic.

Old 06-12-2012, 07:10 PM

3,683 posts, read 9,827,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet757f View Post
We bought a king size mattress at this store. The prices were fair and same day delivery.
About Half Price Mattress Las Vegas | Las Vegas Mattresses
Those are great if you're used to the beds in county lockup.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:27 AM

2,504 posts, read 2,713,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MediocreButArrogant View Post
Those are great if you're used to the beds in county lockup.

We bought the American Dream Plush and it feels better than the $2000 Four Seasons that we have at the other house.

Old 06-13-2012, 04:49 PM

104 posts, read 1,072,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet757f View Post
We bought the American Dream Plush and it feels better than the $2000 Four Seasons that we have at the other house.
Thanks for the product name, I will check it out next week when I am there!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas