Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 05:44 PM

78 posts, read 117,287 times

Advertisements

Hi All! -
I officially accepted a position at Sunrise Hospital today and will be relocating to the area from the east coast. I am thrilled to be heading over there! My husband and I will be visiting in 2 weeks to get a feel for some neighborhoods and figure out where we might want to live. He is starting his job hunt now, and doesn't mind a bit of a commute. Wish us luck on our big move!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2012, 05:48 PM

2,700 posts, read 4,940,692 times
Good Luck and here's hoping you love it in Las Vegas..... Also remember even though you might ask for opinions and recomendations of where to live, listen and then just find a place you are comfortable with, even if it does not have EVERYTHING you desire....

Not sure where you are from back east but every time I am in Las Vegas the commute times are nil....

Old 07-26-2012, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCpl2 View Post
Good Luck and here's hoping you love it in Las Vegas..... Also remember even though you might ask for opinions and recomendations of where to live, listen and then just find a place you are comfortable with, even if it does not have EVERYTHING you desire....

Not sure where you are from back east but every time I am in Las Vegas the commute times are nil....
Thanks so much! One of the recruiters at the hospital recommended a realtor she's used numerous times. We're going to give her a call and try to see some different areas. The recruiter mentioned she drives from Henderson to the med center in under 20 minutes without traffic, and that there are a ton of routes to choose from. Definitely a possibility, although we will take other areas into consideration as well. I heard of a community called Seven Hills and, although we don't have kids, I hear the schools are great in that area (something to consider for the future).

Very exciting!

Old 07-26-2012, 06:02 PM

2,700 posts, read 4,940,692 times
We like the Henderson area....We stay there when we visit and when we retire we think it will be there.. Seven Hills is good as well...

yes there are soooo many routes to try that IMO it is virutally impossible to have a long drive....

Old 07-26-2012, 06:21 PM

I wonder if there are dog parks in many of these neighborhoods. I think our pup will miss all the grass, lol.

Old 07-26-2012, 07:03 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,807,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse B View Post
I wonder if there are dog parks in many of these neighborhoods. I think our pup will miss all the grass, lol.
Go across the street to Las Vegas Country Club.. If no schools involved it should be ideal. You can be to work in five minutes. And to the strip in not much further. Without kids it is a no brainer. Everything from 50K condos to 2 million mansions.

I can't imagine why you would drive to 7 hills or anywhere in Henderson with the LVCC across the street.

And it is one of the largest doggie parks in the world. Get someone to show you.

Old 07-26-2012, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Go across the street to Las Vegas Country Club.. If no schools involved it should be ideal. You can be to work in five minutes. And to the strip in not much further. Without kids it is a no brainer. Everything from 50K condos to 2 million mansions.

I can't imagine why you would drive to 7 hills or anywhere in Henderson with the LVCC across the street.

And it is one of the largest doggie parks in the world. Get someone to show you.
Thank you for this recommendation. I had not heard it yet! Sounds like something to consider

Old 07-26-2012, 07:28 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,807,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse B View Post
Thank you for this recommendation. I had not heard it yet! Sounds like something to consider
Think hard. And be very suspicious of any expert who did not tell you to take a look.

To neglect the obvious means an interest or a prejudice.

Old 07-26-2012, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Think hard. And be very suspicious of any expert who did not tell you to take a look.

To neglect the obvious means an interest or a prejudice.
I didn't contact the realtor yet, so I will ask them about it if they don't mention it automatically. Thanks again!

Old 07-26-2012, 08:17 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,362,678 times
Come on OC. There are a lot of filthy rich movers and shakers and big stars (Sheldon Adleson - Jerry Lewis etc., etc.) in LVCC, but they probably don't go grocery shopping. We are very close to the Mgr. of the Albertson's on Sahara and Maryland Pkwy and she says they get mostly tourists and rich people from the CC, but I don't know if she's just trying to put a good face on it or what. I used to work over there and the area around Sunrise Hospital/LVCC is pretty bad. Of course, "pretty bad" for us is still pretty good for most big cities. We lived at LVCC for two or three months in 1990, and it's safe inside the compound, but you have to go out sometime. I'd take the the Seven Hills deal if I were you Nurse B. Especially if you walk at night, or enjoy neighborhood restaurants, etc. There are a zillion dog parks in the Las Vegas Valley, and Hotterville has plenty of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas