Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 01:41 PM

69 posts, read 144,046 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone!! We don't have a date yet, but expecting my husbands new employer to call him to get him on a flight out there in the next 10 days or so. I also wanted to go along so I could house hunt while he does finalizing on ppwk etc. But in searching for flights... OUCH!! SO - I wanted to know if any of you know any great companies that put out deals for flights. Prefer from CHA, but if we need to drive further to save more $$$, we can make the drive to ATL. I don't know dates yet, so makes it hard to get quotes but trying to find any "best trip" options we can!! OH, and if you know any that give Military rates would be great also! Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2012, 03:11 PM

553 posts, read 1,209,100 times
I am pretty sure you will find US Air to be cheapest from CHA and AirTran from ATL. Between the two airlines, I much prefer AirTran. The cheapest AirTran fares are always on their website rather than on web agents like Orbitz, etc. Cheaper flights can be obtained if you are willing to take your chances on the itinerary by using Priceline or others like it that either allow you to bid your ticket price or assign your ticket without your knowing the airline or route. Personally, I took that risk once, and found it was not worth the money I saved.

Old 06-25-2012, 03:38 PM

901 posts, read 1,899,409 times
Allegiant Air has been known to offer great deals, although their destinations are limited. Might be worth checking out. The biggest problem you face is purchasing a ticket on short notice with July 4th rapidly approaching.

Old 06-25-2012, 03:41 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,808,641 times
How much luggage you taking?? I flew Southwestern last time it cost a bit more but less than the luggage fee both ways on other airlines. I also got direct flights both ways so no changing of planes I flew from Manchester NH took about 6 hrs each way.

Old 06-25-2012, 03:42 PM

367 posts, read 1,074,316 times
You could try Southwest airlines from either Nashville or Birmingham. They have military discounts if you call them, but they may have cheaper online prices, so check both. Granted, both places are 2.5 hrs away I guess...

Old 06-25-2012, 03:45 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,590,272 times
Be sure to check the out the door price too. My sister in law did a flight from Wisconsin to las vegas which had a great rate but they tacked on a bunch extra charges which raised the price to that of competing airlines no food, snacks or water/pop/coffee on the flight either unless you bought them.

Old 06-25-2012, 05:07 PM

3,977 posts, read 7,640,832 times
I usually get $300 RT - On delta or JetBlue From JFK/LAS
but I am MAJORLY flexible on Dates / Times - which can cut $$$ off a ticket

I use Bing Travel, then when I find a low fare, I book it thru my citicard travel award service, and cut the ticket down another $50.00 - BUT BEWARE they tack on $30 baggage (per bag) fees (up to 50 lbs)

Jonathan

Old 06-25-2012, 05:50 PM

69 posts, read 144,046 times
Coco6163 – Will check those thanks!! I don’t have the time to risk with Priceline this time either since we will only have a couple days and need to pack as MUCH into that time for him having meetings, house hunting, schools, and gathering information on the area into a very short window!

Trash Can –I will check Allegiant! I forgot all about them! Haven’t flown in several years! Yes, a HUGE fear because I see the rates continuously going up… just MY LUCK!! LOLOL

Irishspy – Carry on only. Going for 2-3 days – no kids coming, so I don’t need a huge wardrobe – just tshirts, shorts, flip flops & bathroom gear and ponytail holders & I am ready!!

Crazy_bd – Yes those would be an option….. and yes about 2.5 hours away. But that would only make it worthwhile if the savings was more than the gas and parking fee’s.

Packrat1 – What is a “door price”? It’s crazy how they charge for EVERY extra thing now! I remember when we had full meals on flights…. INCLUDED! But not so worried about eating & drinking… just want to get to Vegas and find a HOME to move to when we make the drive back across to move right into!!

Macgeek – Wow… awesome deal but yeah…. JFK being so big as well as Vegas def has CHA beat! LOL And I WISH I was flexible on dates. But such a short trip, and will be short notice when they tell him he needs to come for meeting… so I fear I won’t be able to get a deal at all on a ticket!! Will Check BING…. And no extra luggage fee’s for me!! I can pack tightly in carry on!!

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR THE TIPS!!! I can't wait to come visit!! I just have to narrow down my list of rental homes I want to look at!! There are too many on my list I won't have enough time to see them all, and it will just make it TOO complicated to CHOOSE!! agghhh!!! LOLOL

Old 06-25-2012, 06:00 PM

2,114 posts, read 2,346,962 times
Just a quick note - Allegiant has no flights to Las Vegas from anywhere near the east coast.

Old 06-25-2012, 09:09 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,998 times
Also let them know you are military. My daughter always gets three free bags on most of the airlines that usually charge a baggage fee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas