Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 07:36 AM

1,460 posts, read 2,807,254 times

Advertisements

All I've got to say is, we're going to smash people this year and in years to come.

Better you jump on the bandwagon early.

These guys are no joke, best team we've had in 20 years. It's going to be a lot of fun. For those who were around when the shark was in the water you know what I mean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2012, 08:53 AM

210 posts, read 449,378 times
I am cautiously optimistic. We have a LOT a new guys and I hope they jell.

Old 10-24-2012, 11:22 AM

16,393 posts, read 30,261,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exaday View Post
All I've got to say is, we're going to smash people this year and in years to come.

Better you jump on the bandwagon early.

These guys are no joke, best team we've had in 20 years. It's going to be a lot of fun. For those who were around when the shark was in the water you know what I mean.

Are you bringing this up NOW to get us to buy tickets or to divert our attention that the 1-7 record for the football means that they will not be playing in a bowl game? Remember back in the old days there the UNLV-UNR rivalry was reasonably competitive?

Old 10-24-2012, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlawrence01 View Post
Are you bringing this up NOW to get us to buy tickets or to divert our attention that the 1-7 record for the football means that they will not be playing in a bowl game? Remember back in the old days there the UNLV-UNR rivalry was reasonably competitive?

The UNR/UNLV game this year was pretty good.

I only stayed for the first half and had to leave for one of the kids school functions.

They seem like they just almost have it together. I blame the coach to some extent.

The reason I am bringing it up is simply that I am excited, last week we had fan night. They played a little scrimmage.

I'm not really affiliated with ticketing in any way so not trying to advertise or anything like that, though I think you all should get some tickets, will be some good fun. I <3 my Rebels though. When I was a kid I used to go see them play back in the late 80's and early 90's.

I've been waiting for a long time for them to rebuild the program, perhaps now is the time. Basketball is my favorite sport, so I am going to lean towards it more than football anyways. Many of the games the football team lost were winnable. What can we say really. It's about time to start think about getting a new coach perhaps. Hauck has been there long enough to have his own recruits. I think he's won 5 games in 3 years, pathetic.

Old 10-26-2012, 04:19 PM

59 posts, read 113,051 times
Sorry to intrude, but my college hoops team has had a couple of memorable meetings with UNLV about 22 and 21 years ago to be precise

Since you are all hoops fans, are there any bars that cater to specific hoops teams? I ask because I just moved here to the area from Tobacco Road and the season is about to start, so I'd like to follow my team and cheer against my mortal enemy (not UNLV but a team that UNLV beat last year!). TIA

Old 10-29-2012, 01:39 PM

62 posts, read 113,248 times
I will be in Vegas for Jan 5th and 12th games vs CSU Bakersfield and Air Force. Which would be a better game to go to? Should I just get tickets online or get scalper tickets when I get there?

Thanks

Old 10-29-2012, 08:31 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,261,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCards View Post
I will be in Vegas for Jan 5th and 12th games vs CSU Bakersfield and Air Force. Which would be a better game to go to? Should I just get tickets online or get scalper tickets when I get there?

I would choose the AFA game as it probably will be more competitive. I would also check out Stub Hub.

Old 10-29-2012, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCards View Post

Thanks

Air Force for sure because it's a conference game.

Hard to say on the tickets though. Depends on several factors, but I think the Mack is going to be a mad house again.

Old 11-02-2012, 11:16 AM

Where would be a better seat: Upper Baseline, Upper Center or Upper Corner and I was looking at row C or D in all these sections?

Old 11-06-2012, 01:20 PM

Got tickets vs Air Force. I wanted the cheaper tickets so I got section 228, Row G. Hope these will be decent seat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas