Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 12:17 AM

69 posts, read 143,572 times

Advertisements

Ok, so we got the confirmation from his job finally today and we will be on the road in less than 48 hours! Talk about a whirlwind!! Have the trip pretty well mapped out, just have to look for hotels that accept pets at our "estimated stopping points"! A lot more difficult travelling with pets, I just hope they do ok. We plan on arriving Monday! Have a couple more homes to look at, but if we don't like either as much as one we saw when we visited last week. then we will just get that one. Just might be bit cramped until I thin out some!! So excited I can't sleep!! Been waiting for this for almost a month and packed except stuff needed daily for over 2 weeks!! Just wanted to share!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2012, 12:24 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,289,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETC143 View Post
Ok, so we got the confirmation from his job finally today and we will be on the road in less than 48 hours! Talk about a whirlwind!! Have the trip pretty well mapped out, just have to look for hotels that accept pets at our "estimated stopping points"! A lot more difficult travelling with pets, I just hope they do ok. We plan on arriving Monday! Have a couple more homes to look at, but if we don't like either as much as one we saw when we visited last week. then we will just get that one. Just might be bit cramped until I thin out some!! So excited I can't sleep!! Been waiting for this for almost a month and packed except stuff needed daily for over 2 weeks!! Just wanted to share!!!
It's not too hard to find hotels that accept pets these days. They might charge you a fee though. Good luck on your move. You could have picked a better time though. It was 114º today, and you might run into some heavy rain along the way.

Old 07-11-2012, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
It's not too hard to find hotels that accept pets these days. They might charge you a fee though. Good luck on your move. You could have picked a better time though. It was 114º today, and you might run into some heavy rain along the way.
Hahahaha I know right!?!?!? Was just thinking about our farewell to the rain along the way!!! Just our luck because I despise rain storms and really hate driving in it..... so I guess it's only appropriate that I get it for our last few days here and on our journey!! Oh well, hopefully will be enjoying warm sunny days (yes I know it is extremely hot, we came and visited end of June for 3 days to househunt and Hubby meetings), but my dogs love heat and hate cold and wet.... So they will be much happier too!! Lol Only my poor Hubby enjoys storms and will miss them...

Old 07-11-2012, 05:41 AM

9,479 posts, read 12,256,914 times
I've had pretty good luck at Super 8 motels as far as allowing pets. Not ALL do but its been my experience that a lot of them do for a fee. Its a nice cheap chain IMO.

Old 07-11-2012, 10:32 AM

1,045 posts, read 1,932,690 times
We have had really good luck at La Quinta Inns when traveling with our dogs. We have stayed at a couple of them in LV! Have a safe trip!

Old 07-11-2012, 03:06 PM

135 posts, read 292,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 370z View Post
We have had really good luck at La Quinta Inns when traveling with our dogs. We have stayed at a couple of them in LV! Have a safe trip!
I'm assuming you have a 370z because of your user name.. lol..

But we have a great 350z/G35/370 community @ 350zen.org and you're welcome to check it out.

Old 07-11-2012, 03:59 PM

280 posts, read 570,801 times
If your trying to stay on the cheaper side with lodging, ALL Motel 6's take pets. They are easy to find off the interstate, and seems like any town with a population of 200 or more usually has one and reservations generally are not needed.

Motel 6 - Pet Friendly Motel

Old 07-11-2012, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVNVTrucker View Post
If your trying to stay on the cheaper side with lodging, ALL Motel 6's take pets. They are easy to find off the interstate, and seems like any town with a population of 200 or more usually has one and reservations generally are not needed.

Motel 6 - Pet Friendly Motel
Good to know. I'll need this option as well. I will say they are not as plentiful as any town over 200, though. When I lived in a different part of my state we would take a lot of weekend trips and would look for the cheap way for a hotel. Motel 6 wasn't everywhere. There isn't one in my old hometown (23,000 population) but I wish there was; it would be a great option when I go back there. Cheap, clean, and comfortable is all I need.

Old 07-17-2012, 12:44 AM

Well, we made it to Las Vegas safely!! Someone told me to check on La Quinta as they do NOT charge for pets, NOR do they only allow "1 pet" as some I have seen. So, we booked with La Quinta all the way cross country and had NO problems!! I will say I was VERY impressed with the one in Gallup, NM because they even had a "dog park" where dogs could do what they want, and not be leashed. And it had benches for the humans! All the hotels had no problems with me having 2 dogs and 1 cat, and they offered pet treats at the front desk!! We are now staying at the La Quinta in Las Vegas while we get everything situated to get moved into a house!! And I am very happy that they have a pet area too, just wish it was fenced in.... but that's ok!! Soon enough our dogs will have their own fenced yard!!

As for the travel, we had rain all the way through loading, some drizzle and some pretty hard! GO FIGURE!! Then ran into rain 3 of the 4 days of driving!! Luckily, that is ALL over now though!!

Glad to now be here!!! Went to view a house tonight and we got it. Tomorrow is just a relax at the hotel day and get utilities turned on because we move in on Wed!! Now just to call a moving company to get help unloading the Uhaul, and then to start setting up house again!! That's the FUN part!! : )

Old 07-17-2012, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETC143 View Post
Well, we made it to Las Vegas safely!! Someone told me to check on La Quinta as they do NOT charge for pets, NOR do they only allow "1 pet" as some I have seen. So, we booked with La Quinta all the way cross country and had NO problems!! I will say I was VERY impressed with the one in Gallup, NM because they even had a "dog park" where dogs could do what they want, and not be leashed. And it had benches for the humans! All the hotels had no problems with me having 2 dogs and 1 cat, and they offered pet treats at the front desk!! We are now staying at the La Quinta in Las Vegas while we get everything situated to get moved into a house!! And I am very happy that they have a pet area too, just wish it was fenced in.... but that's ok!! Soon enough our dogs will have their own fenced yard!!

As for the travel, we had rain all the way through loading, some drizzle and some pretty hard! GO FIGURE!! Then ran into rain 3 of the 4 days of driving!! Luckily, that is ALL over now though!!

Glad to now be here!!! Went to view a house tonight and we got it. Tomorrow is just a relax at the hotel day and get utilities turned on because we move in on Wed!! Now just to call a moving company to get help unloading the Uhaul, and then to start setting up house again!! That's the FUN part!! : )
Good to know about La Quinta. We don't have many in my area so I dont think I have ever stayed at one, but I like them already.

Glad you made it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: