Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 10:55 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,194,123 times

Advertisements

It is now 2014, last post was 2012 so I'll ask the question again...

I am moving to Las Vegas in June and will be looking to purchase a pistol.

What would you suggest for a firearms store and for firearms education?

TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2014, 08:48 AM

557 posts, read 793,333 times
Discount firearms is a great store with great training programs and gun education

Old 04-06-2014, 10:58 AM

23,864 posts, read 24,105,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
It is now 2014, last post was 2012 so I'll ask the question again...

I am moving to Las Vegas in June and will be looking to purchase a pistol.

What would you suggest for a firearms store and for firearms education?

TIA
Welcome!

There's a gun store on every corner here now. Not really, but it seems like it - a ton have popped up in the last several years.

For simple/basic education, The Gun Store is probably your best bet. They give a basic safety class for free. Their CCW class is also free - including range qualification. As much as I appreciate them offering these classes for free, I can't recommend them for anything else. They've got a laser-focus on machine gun rentals now. I can't blame them - as one employee said to me once, "It's like printing money."

If you want more advanced training, Front Sight in Pahrump is popular.

As for buying, it depends on what you're looking for. If you want an AR, I'd say New Frontier Armory or Lock N Load. If you're looking for a handgun, my first stops would be Gun Garage, Discount Firearms and Bargain Pawn (don't let the "pawn" dissuade you - they're a gun store now).

The used market is quite active here, too. Not sure of the ToS ramifications for posting links to these specific sites, so if you'd like more info on that, DM me.

Old 04-06-2014, 02:55 PM

1,376 posts, read 3,082,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Welcome!

There's a gun store on every corner here now. Not really, but it seems like it - a ton have popped up in the last several years.

For simple/basic education, The Gun Store is probably your best bet. They give a basic safety class for free. Their CCW class is also free - including range qualification. As much as I appreciate them offering these classes for free, I can't recommend them for anything else. They've got a laser-focus on machine gun rentals now. I can't blame them - as one employee said to me once, "It's like printing money."

If you want more advanced training, Front Sight in Pahrump is popular.

As for buying, it depends on what you're looking for. If you want an AR, I'd say New Frontier Armory or Lock N Load. If you're looking for a handgun, my first stops would be Gun Garage, Discount Firearms and Bargain Pawn (don't let the "pawn" dissuade you - they're a gun store now).

The used market is quite active here, too. Not sure of the ToS ramifications for posting links to these specific sites, so if you'd like more info on that, DM me.

There are others that do the free CCW now as well, Range702, Discount Firearms, even Gun Garage if you buy a firearm from them. Here's where I shop FWIW:

Extreme Ventures
Davidsons
Gun Garage
NFA

Ive never stepped foot in Lock N Load but the few times I've called them about NFA items makes me glad I haven't.

Old 01-26-2019, 02:31 AM

74 posts, read 58,616 times
Bringing this thread back hoping to see if there are newer more current suggestions on good firearms stores with great service and pricing. Would appreciate to know if any recommended stores has good fees for intake purchases- e.g. gun sent from another dealer out of state to conduct paperwork with buyer

Would love to know if there are recommended gun forums to join in this area

TIA

Old 01-26-2019, 11:11 AM

15,838 posts, read 14,472,390 times
A good way to find FFLs

https://www.gunbroker.com/ffl/searchforffl.aspx

Old 01-26-2019, 11:34 AM

117 posts, read 106,531 times
Default Ventura Munitions

I haven't had the opportunity to purchase a firearm at Ventura Munitions yet so I can't speak to their prices, but I stopped in to grab a box of some hard to find ammo last week and was wowed by the variety of weapons, ammo and other gear. Staff I spoke to was pretty congenial and I plan on going back when I need a new toy. They're at the corner of West Russel Rd and South Valley View Blvd.

Old 01-26-2019, 12:17 PM

204 posts, read 318,896 times
I would recommend Ventura also. Nice selection and their staff is top notch. Briarhawk on Sahara is a nice smaller store that I do all my ffl transfers at.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas