Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who are you voting for in 2012 Presidential Election? (selections are anonymous)
Obama/Biden 31 46.27%
Romney/Ryan 24 35.82%
Neither/Not Voting/Undecided/Don't Care/None of anyone's business 12 17.91%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 11:16 AM

2,037 posts, read 2,990,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManofBethesda View Post
Not a chance in Hell. It's either 2012 or never.

Exactly. Losers at the top of a party's ticket become pariahs.

Yeah, and that didn't work out too well in the end, did it, lol.
Nixon was a great American. He did many good things. I would vote for him over Romney any day.

Old 09-13-2012, 11:23 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,241,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
Nixon was a great American. He did many good things.
I had to read this twice to make sure I had read this right. That is absolutely hilarious as he was horrible. The only great American president that we have had in the last 100 years was Kennedy.

Old 09-13-2012, 11:35 AM

3,598 posts, read 4,948,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datafeed View Post
Nixon was a great American. He did many good things. I would vote for him over Romney any day.
Forgetting the illegal Watergate cover-up (if that's possible), the worst thing Nixon did to this country was create the health insurance nightmare we have today. He made it profitable for people to remain sick.

Profit motives should never be involved when people's lives are literally at stake.

The next time you feel your bill is ridiculously high, remember these CEO's are not hurting at all:

Total CEO Compensation:
Aetna, Ronald A. Williams : $18,058,162
Coventry, Allen Wise : $17,427,789 (took over from Dale Wolf)
WellPoint, Angela Braly : $13,108,198
United Health, Stephen Helmsley : $8,901,916
Cigna, David Cordoni : $6,593,921 (took over from CEO H. Edward Hanway)
Cigna, H. Edward Hanway : $18,800,000
Humana, Michael McCallister : 6,509,452
Health Net, Jay Gellert : $3,643,342

Old 09-13-2012, 02:36 PM

10,864 posts, read 16,992,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
Profit motives should never be involved when people's lives are literally at stake.

The next time you feel your bill is ridiculously high, remember these CEO's are not hurting at all:
But. But. But. Those men and one woman are JOB CREATORS. We should give them piles and piles of money via tax breaks. Hell, why tax them at all? Just give them whatever they want. And we should grovel and scratch at their feet for all the jobs they create. All those millions of dollars in salary "trickle down" to us. That money doesn't go to offshore accounts in Switzerland or the Cayman Islands. Oh, no. That money is trickling as we speak, making our 100%-perfect capitalist system chug along like a well-oiled machine. Look around, everyone is happy. All those corporate profits are lifting up every man, woman and child in the US like a rising tide.

All we need do is put a CEO venture capitalist in charge, and everything will be roses. Roses, I tell you.

Old 09-13-2012, 02:43 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,156,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
But. But. But. Those men and one woman are JOB CREATORS. We should give them piles and piles of money via tax breaks. Hell, why tax them at all? Just give them whatever they want. And we should grovel and scratch at their feet for all the jobs they create. All those millions of dollars in salary "trickle down" to us. That money doesn't go to offshore accounts in Switzerland or the Cayman Islands. Oh, no. That money is trickling as we speak, making our 100%-perfect capitalist system chug along like a well-oiled machine. Look around, everyone is happy. All those corporate profits are lifting up every man, woman and child in the US like a rising tide.

All we need do is put a CEO venture capitalist in charge, and everything will be roses. Roses, I tell you.

Sent from phone using app

Old 09-13-2012, 03:14 PM

2,420 posts, read 4,370,042 times
I agree politics can be a incendiary subject matter, with both sides feeling passionate about their views, and I have taken part of many political discussion groups, where such discussions were possible.

However, this is not a political thread, but yet the subject matter is relevant because to some people considering a move to another state, if they are at all politically minded, they want to know that it will be politically comfortable where they are planning to move. I know this has been a consideration for me, and I question in my mind the number of like minded people that I will find moving to Las Vegas.

This is not to say that I would only be comfortable where I found all Democrats residing. But, I can say, that I probably would feel uncomfortable and out of place living amongst a majority of very conservative thinkers. So, in that respect, people are interested in knowing if there is at least a balance, and as the country has shifted in recent years so much to the right, it is a concern for some. Las Vegas is considered a swing state. Or at least in my mind it has.

That doesn't mean, I feel one is better than the other. Just that since politics are an important issue with me, I would not want to wind up in an area that was in diametric opposition of everything I believe in. That would be stressful. So I feel the post has merit. As long as people don't engage in a name calling fest attacking other people's point of view, the information can be relevant.

Old 09-13-2012, 03:15 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,352,317 times
If that trend continues I might have to get new "friends" on CD.

Old 09-13-2012, 05:51 PM

419 posts, read 907,051 times
How any resident of Nevada, especially Las Vegas, could vote for more years of Obama, is beyond comprehension.

Old 09-13-2012, 06:02 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,241,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucerby View Post
How any resident of Nevada, especially Las Vegas, could vote for more years of Obama, is beyond comprehension.
The same could be said of anyone in Nevada who votes for Romney. It has been proven over and over that Obama and Romney are exactly the same, with the only difference being Obama is black while Romney is white. They are both establishment politicians funded by Wall Street.

Here you go, why Obama and Bush were alike, and how Romney would just continue the same policies as Obama.

The Humble Libertarian: Bush 2.0: 100 Ways Barack Obama Is Just Like George W. Bush

100 Ways Mitt Romney Is Just Like Barack Obama

Old 09-13-2012, 06:09 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,118,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucerby View Post
Presidents don't really control the economy. If they did, we'd have cheap gas and a roaring economy every four years.

I respect everyone's right to vote their conscience and I think it's great that we CDers are grown up enough to have a political discussion that didn't devolve to name calling and nonsense. (yet) Too bad the rest of the yahoos out there ( Congress and the Senate ) haven't figured this out yet. Perhaps we should invite them here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas