Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 08:11 PM

2,724 posts, read 4,762,354 times

Advertisements

People ignored the bubble warnings...

Invariably, the same is happening now with the "mini"-bubble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2012, 09:35 AM

553 posts, read 1,208,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eventusstultorummagister View Post
Real estate, once upon a time, was an investment. Now, just a manipulated worthless paper commodity for the speculators to get rich on. Buying, owning a home once meant something special, now it means you're a fool.

Hmmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by eventusstultorummagister View Post
I'm interested in hearing opinions on where the best value is currently in purchasing brand new construction.

I want a home free from the stench of foreclosure mania and bank shenanigans.

No trolls please, just honest opinions...

Thanks.

Old 09-27-2012, 10:41 AM

743 posts, read 968,140 times
I've always gotten in trouble going onto message boards (be it stocks, RE) and listening to "intelligent" people discuss certain things. It appears eventusstultorummagister, thus far, has been dead wrong...I do hope he turns out to be right. =)

Old 09-27-2012, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardogfsu View Post
I've always gotten in trouble going onto message boards (be it stocks, RE) and listening to "intelligent" people discuss certain things. It appears eventusstultorummagister, thus far, has been dead wrong...I do hope he turns out to be right. =)
Show me, where was I wrong?

It appears you are blowing smoke.

Old 09-27-2012, 06:33 PM

Quote:
You seek stock and RE advice from message boards?

That does not sound credible. I don't believe that.

Old 09-28-2012, 12:33 AM

743 posts, read 968,140 times
I've always been good at making money but horrible at investing...I bought a couple rental units with cash, but was conservative, thinking some bright people who seem to have a better feel for whats around the corner might know better than myself (and I'm not from around here, originally)...now that similar units in the same complex I bought last spring are on the market at an 80% increase, I'm kicking myself for not buying 5 more and being more aggressive with my bidding thinking we are due for a nasty fallback below the "bottom" as some here, like yourself have called for...spewing numbers that make sense and saying that the sky is falling...I'd be more than happy to eat some crow and hope that you are right, if you are right I'll have the opportunity to make a lot more money...but look, if you are going to go on every RE related thread and cry the sky is falling don't take offense if someone calls you out for seeming, over the last 6 months, 100% wrong, nothing personal...or rude or hateful. I'm just waiting for this slew of foreclosures coming that will knock prices back down to below February 2012 levels and when it occurs, I'll start a thread saying "eventusstultorummagister is THE MAN!" So far, I really can't say you've been too accurate...just from what I've read.

Old 09-28-2012, 05:53 AM

Quote:
...now that similar units in the same complex I bought last spring are on the market at an 80% increase

"The median price of Las Vegas-area condominiums and townhomes sold in April was $59,900. That’s down 1.8 percent from $61,000 in March and down 0.2 percent from April 2011."

Last edited by eventusstultorummagister; 09-28-2012 at 06:05 AM..

Old 09-28-2012, 06:00 AM

Quote:
I've always been good at making money but horrible at investing...I bought a couple rental units with cash, but was conservative, thinking some bright people who seem to have a better feel for whats around the corner might know better than myself (and I'm not from around here, originally)...now that similar units in the same complex I bought last spring are on the market at an 80% increase, I'm kicking myself for not buying 5 more and being more aggressive with my bidding thinking we are due for a nasty fallback below the "bottom" as some here, like yourself have called for...spewing numbers that make sense and saying that the sky is falling...I'd be more than happy to eat some crow and hope that you are right, if you are right I'll have the opportunity to make a lot more money...but look, if you are going to go on every RE related thread and cry the sky is falling don't take offense if someone calls you out for seeming, over the last 6 months, 100% wrong, nothing personal...or rude or hateful. I'm just waiting for this slew of foreclosures coming that will knock prices back down to below February 2012 levels and when it occurs, I'll start a thread saying "eventusstultorummagister is THE MAN!" So far, I really can't say you've been too accurate...just from what I've read.
Did you lose any money? No. Can those who listened to the spin doctors say the same??? No.
[mod cut-- personal]

Last edited by observer53; 09-28-2012 at 03:48 PM..

Old 09-28-2012, 03:49 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,394,564 times
Several posts deleted/edited.

Please discuss the topic and not one another. Thanks.

Old 09-28-2012, 07:39 PM

"Please discuss the topic and not one another"

^^^
I agree with Observer53 (surprise-surprise), it is absolutely absurd to attack someone on a personal level for posting the facts. I am not a banker, a mortgage broker or a real estate agent and I have nothing to gain (or lose). Truth be told, I would have stopped posting long ago had the attacks from real estate agents and others with a vested interest not come at me with such cowardly vileness and vigor.

Conduct your own investigation, the truth is there but it's being hidden in the subterfuge.

Peace,
ESM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: