Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 12:14 AM

244 posts, read 440,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVNVTrucker View Post
I've had 2 friends that have used Ticketbusters (one a speeding ticket on Blue Diamond Rd doing 61 in a 55, and one was a illegal U-turn on Maryland Pkwy with a non-working license plate light). Not only did the court not reduce the ticket, they were forced go to traffic school to clear the points from their license. Complete waste of money for them. Its all a luck of the draw, who the judge is and how he's feeling that day, it's a 50%-50%, and in my friends case Ticketbusters really didn't give a @#$%, they already got your money. When you use Ticketbusters you sign a waiver that states we cannot guarantee any outcome of your court case. Personally, I have had better luck just going to court, once the officer didn't show up, once the officer did but I was able to plead the charges down myself.

The best way out of the ticket is don't do the crime at all, or atleast don't get caught.

I used Ticketbusters and didnt sign any waiver. I never heard anyone had bad experience with ticketbuster
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 12:24 AM

23,222 posts, read 29,040,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marioni888 View Post
i have one question.

If they confirm your charges do you still pay same amount or more?
If I had paid up from the gitgo, it would have been close to $500, I believe. And they settled for $435!

1st court appt., they offered to drop the no proof of insurance charge, 2nd court appointment they offered to drop the no proof of title charge, which would have brought it down to $390. And I stubbornly persisted, hoped that $390 would be reduced on the 3rd court appointment, which is when the officer showed up! I walked this thru w/my roommate one time and went thru this timely process w/him, and his fines were all cut in half! Thus, the gambling venture I went on!

But, in a way, I'm glad I went through all that, as I learned so much from the cases that were ahead of me in those court sessions, like the guy fined $500 for throwing a cigarette butt out the window and the one fined $150 for spitting on the sidewalk in downtown Las Vegas. That alone might save me a $150 or $500 fine in the future as I didn't know that!

I was told, in Henderson courts, even if the officer doesn't show up, your charge is dismissed, they still whack you with an $85 court fee! Not in Las Vegas?

Last edited by tijlover; 09-28-2012 at 12:29 AM.. Reason: add lines

Old 09-28-2012, 12:35 AM

244 posts, read 440,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
If I had paid up from the gitgo, it would have been close to $500, I believe. And they settled for $435!

1st court appt., they offered to drop the no proof of insurance charge, 2nd court appointment they offered to drop the no proof of title charge, which would have brought it down to $390. And I stubbornly persisted, hoped that $390 would be reduced on the 3rd court appointment, which is when the officer showed up! I walked this thru w/my roommate one time and went thru this timely process w/him, and his fines were all cut in half! Thus, the gambling venture I went on!

I was told, in Henderson courts, even if the officer doesn't show up, your charge is dismissed, they still whack you with an $85 court fee! Not in Las Vegas?

When u say "no proof of insurance charge" does it mean you didnt have insurance card with you in your car?

I didnt have insurance card with me and police officer wrote in ticket - insurance expired.

Of course i had insurance at that time but forgot to put the card in my car. But now when i look again at my speeding ticket it does not says nothing about insurance violation and that i have to present it in Court

Old 09-28-2012, 12:53 AM

23,222 posts, read 29,040,205 times
I couldn't get the glove compartment door open, with the proof of insurance and title! It was locked and I couldn't find the key!

Old 09-28-2012, 07:08 PM

515 posts, read 1,180,193 times
It seems hard to believe that traffic cop can't check your insurance status from the computer in his car, or worst case, call it in to have it checked over the radio.

Old 09-28-2012, 07:13 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,800,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiminani View Post
It seems hard to believe that traffic cop can't check your insurance status from the computer in his car, or worst case, call it in to have it checked over the radio.
They can and generally do...

But that is a little extra revenue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas