Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2012, 02:25 AM

815 posts, read 2,051,606 times

Advertisements

Lately, I find myself longing for a bail bondsman commercial, or a car dealership, or even (gasp!) a lawyer! I wish I could fall asleep for the next 16 days or so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2012, 02:37 AM

10,864 posts, read 16,986,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastrudy View Post
Lately, I find myself longing for a bail bondsman commercial, or a car dealership, or even (gasp!) a lawyer! I wish I could fall asleep for the next 16 days or so.
Tell me about it. I get upwards of 100 phone calls a day, none of which I answer. (It's skyrocketed since last week.) All of them are from the 202 area code. And most of them are from Crossroads GPS.

People walk door-to-door in my neighborhood. They want to know how I'm going to vote. I tell them I'm a big believer in the secret ballot. They don't freakin' get it. "Uh, does that mean you're going to vote for [some idiot politician]?" they ask.

No, dingwad, it means that who I vote for is none of your freakin' business. Take your clipboard and remove yourself from my property. What is the point to a secret ballot if you're going to blab it to every dingwad who rings your doorbell?

My number-one hope is that by 2016 I am able to move someplace that isn't a swing state. I lived most of my life in Florida. And now here. I can only imagine how freakin' annoying it must be to live in Ohio.

(Three "freakins" in one post. A new record! Woo-hoo!)

Last edited by ScoopLV; 10-19-2012 at 02:52 AM..

Old 10-19-2012, 03:11 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
Tell me about it. I get upwards of 100 phone calls a day, none of which I answer. (It's skyrocketed since last week.) All of them are from the 202 area code. And most of them are from Crossroads GPS.

People walk door-to-door in my neighborhood. They want to know how I'm going to vote. I tell them I'm a big believer in the secret ballot. They don't freakin' get it. "Uh, does that mean you're going to vote for [some idiot politician]?" they ask.

No, dingwad, it means that who I vote for is none of your freakin' business. Take your clipboard and remove yourself from my property. What is the point to a secret ballot if you're going to blab it to every dingwad who rings your doorbell?

My number-one hope is that by 2016 I am able to move someplace that isn't a swing state. I lived most of my life in Florida. And now here. I can only imagine how freakin' annoying it must be to live in Ohio.

Ugh. I totally agree. I had to go to the DMV two weeks ago. If you want to avoid people polling about politicians and asking about school bonds and ballot issues, try to do your DMV stuff on the net. It's like walking a gauntlet to get in and out of there right now.

I had my land line disconnected recently. Prior to that, Lots of political calls. They are also loading up my mailbox. Besides the husband and I, both kids are over 18 and registered voters now, so you can imagine the volume of political mail. I think one of the kids registered as an independent because we are getting it from both sides now.

Old 10-19-2012, 06:55 AM

526 posts, read 832,349 times
During the elections 3 years ago I got fed up with all the phone calls and cancelled my landline. Only have a cell phone. No unsolicited calls

Old 10-19-2012, 11:40 AM

421 posts, read 898,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastrudy View Post

I was just saying the same thing to my other half. Not too much longer!

Old 10-19-2012, 11:42 AM

421 posts, read 898,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post

Move to California - they are never a swing state. That is if you can stand it.

Old 10-19-2012, 11:52 AM

10,864 posts, read 16,986,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MollieW View Post
Move to California - they are never a swing state. That is if you can stand it.
The area from Carmel to Calistoga is quite-probably the most beautiful place on earth. I think I could hack it living there. I'll buy this place and try the area out for awhile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas