U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-31-2012, 01:02 PM
 
1 posts, read 4,562 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

Hello!
I am new to Las Vegas and I would like to move into the Summerlin area. I keep reading that many of the places have rodent, noise and break in problems. I am willing to pay money for a place that I can feel secure, safe and clean at. If anyone could please help me out I would really really appreciate it. THANKS!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-02-2012, 07:03 AM
 
5,706 posts, read 7,076,086 times
Reputation: 4502
Anyone?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2012, 08:15 AM
 
Location: Camarillo
929 posts, read 2,223,237 times
Reputation: 981
Quote:
Originally Posted by getemsheba View Post
Hello!
I am new to Las Vegas and I would like to move into the Summerlin area. I keep reading that many of the places have rodent, noise and break in problems. I am willing to pay money for a place that I can feel secure, safe and clean at. If anyone could please help me out I would really really appreciate it. THANKS!
I used to live near the Altessa apartments in Summerlin, and from the outside they seemed nice, safe and secure. It's just off the 215 Beltway near the Far Hills Avenue exit.

I haven't been in any of the units, so I can't speak to those, but the location is great. It's 10 minutes from Red Rock Canyon, five minutes from Red Rock Casino, close to lots of shopping. That part of town (89138 ZIP code) isn't crime-free - no area is - but it's safer than most.

Good luck with your search.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2012, 07:16 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas, NV
2,987 posts, read 8,371,485 times
Reputation: 1503
Quote:
Originally Posted by owelles View Post
I used to live near the Altessa apartments in Summerlin, and from the outside they seemed nice, safe and secure. It's just off the 215 Beltway near the Far Hills Avenue exit.

I haven't been in any of the units, so I can't speak to those, but the location is great. It's 10 minutes from Red Rock Canyon, five minutes from Red Rock Casino, close to lots of shopping. That part of town (89138 ZIP code) isn't crime-free - no area is - but it's safer than most.

Good luck with your search.
+1 I live very close to this apartment complex and its part of the Vistas neighborhood in Summerlin which also has quick access to 215. They look really nice and quiet. Probably not cheap but might be worth to take a look.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2012, 07:41 AM
 
5,706 posts, read 7,076,086 times
Reputation: 4502
Excellent ratings from apartmentreview.com Are there any shops close by?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-03-2012, 01:38 PM
 
Location: Camarillo
929 posts, read 2,223,237 times
Reputation: 981
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodlife36 View Post
Excellent ratings from apartmentreview.com Are there any shops close by?
Altessa is a five-minute drive from a shopping center on Charleston Boulevard that includes Costco, Best Buy, Lowe's, Michaels and several other shops. Just the other side of the Beltway on Charleston is an Albertsons.

So, yes, proximity to shops is not an issue.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-04-2012, 05:41 AM
 
5,706 posts, read 7,076,086 times
Reputation: 4502
Thanks for the info.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2012, 05:34 PM
 
Location: SIN CITY LAS VEGAS
110 posts, read 166,872 times
Reputation: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by getemsheba View Post
Hello!
I am new to Las Vegas and I would like to move into the Summerlin area. I keep reading that many of the places have rodent, noise and break in problems. I am willing to pay money for a place that I can feel secure, safe and clean at. If anyone could please help me out I would really really appreciate it. THANKS!
Take note

Quote:
The community is currently home to more than 95,000 residents. Summerlin includes more than 100 neighborhood and village parks, more than 150 completed miles of the Summerlin trail system, nine golf courses, a dozen houses of worship, shopping centers, medical and cultural facilities, business parks, 22 public and private schools and nearly 100 actively selling floor plans.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2023, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top