Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 02:27 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,800,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
MOST audience participants are plants. They can't rely on someone from the audience to react properly......
Or setups. That can be worked out for those with Cirque pull.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2012, 03:49 PM

12,773 posts, read 14,978,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
They can't make you go onstage. You just shake your head "no".

You're so right. No one can make me!

Old 11-12-2012, 12:33 AM

53 posts, read 78,585 times
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!
I've seen it 4 times, front row, back row and in between. There's not a bad seat in the theatre. The show takes my breath away, every time.
My man even got down on one knee there.

Old 11-12-2012, 12:42 AM

12,686 posts, read 36,352,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacattack View Post
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!
I've seen it 4 times, front row, back row and in between. There's not a bad seat in the theatre. The show takes my breath away, every time.
My man even got down on one knee there.
I agree. Not only visually unbelievable, but the music is about as fantastic as being at a live Beatles concert. There are speakers behind your head in the seats. And you'll hear music you never knew they recorded, or you'd forgotten about, and you'll swear it's new stuff.

Haven't seen "O", but word around town since the beginning is that it's the best Cirque. So...either one.

Old 11-12-2012, 08:16 AM

727 posts, read 1,056,959 times
Update from the OP:

After reading all of your suggestions and talking to friends I decided on Mystere although it wasn't that simple. It was a three day weekend and I needed tickets for Saturday night. I was trying to get the seats for a reasonable price. I kept checking the various sites that others suggested. I ended up waiting until the last day to see if the there would be any deals.

On Saturday morning I called Tix4Tonight. They had seats for Mystere that night for the best price I had seen. They were also in the middle section which was what I was seeking. Tix4Tonight will take an order over the phone but you still have to go to one of their locations where they give you a voucher. You then have to take the voucher to the Mystere box office in Treasure Island. There was a long line at the Tix4Tonight location in Fashion Show Mall which took about 30 minutes. Then there was another long line at the box office which took another 30 minutes.

When I finally got to the ticket agent at the box office I was shocked to find out that the middle section seats I was promised turned out to be obstructed seats in the corner of the front section. They showed me a map of the theater where they list this front section as part of the middle section (little difficult to explain). I was extremely disappointed and protested to the agent. Fortunately, she was very nice and said she would go in the back and talk to her manager. She came back a few minutes with seats in the middle section which was what I expected in the first place.

I doubt I will use Tix4Tonight again. It was a major hassle and a lot of time wasted. The obstructed seats they tried to give me was very annoying. I think next time I will buy the tickets on a site where you can choose the actual seats and not have to go pick them up.

Now for the good part. Mystere was wonderful and we all loved it.

There have been some questions in this thread about being bothered or dragged on stage. I would suggest if someone doesn't want to be bothered, sprayed or have popcorn dumped on them not to get seats in the front section.

Thank you everyone for the suggestions on which show and where to sit. Despite some of the hassles it was a great night.

Last edited by newopty; 11-12-2012 at 09:22 AM..

Old 11-12-2012, 09:40 AM

12,773 posts, read 14,978,563 times
newopty, with all the trouble you mentioned about Tix4Tonigh, which I'd never heard of by the way, I wouldn't use them either simply due to all the different lines you said you had to wait in, so thanks for the warning about them. But I'm glad you liked Mystere. I think I've decided on Ka. I've reviewed their snippet videos on the official Cirque website to see which one I think I'll like better & Ka seems to have the more magnificent-type acrobatics/performances that's more unlike the usual Cirque acts/performances.

Now, I've just got to find 2 or 3 of the best buffets, which I've been looking into!

Old 11-13-2012, 08:52 AM

727 posts, read 1,056,959 times
Now that I have seen my first show and looking forward to the next one I have a followup question about seating. It seems to me that unlike most shows it is best to be farther back because so much happens high off the ground. I am not familiar with all of the shows so some may not have the same aerial acts. Any thoughts on this subject?

As a side note I personally agree with earlier posters that I don't want to be harassed at a show so the front section doesn't appeal to me.

Old 11-13-2012, 09:08 AM

50,371 posts, read 63,964,084 times
Mystere. It was the first one I saw, and it remains one of the most awesome shows I've ever seen/heard. Maybe it's because it was the first, but the drums beating in Mystere, as well as the visuals are what made it my favorite.

Old 11-13-2012, 11:47 AM

12,973 posts, read 15,800,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newopty View Post
Now that I have seen my first show and looking forward to the next one I have a followup question about seating. It seems to me that unlike most shows it is best to be farther back because so much happens high off the ground. I am not familiar with all of the shows so some may not have the same aerial acts. Any thoughts on this subject?

As a side note I personally agree with earlier posters that I don't want to be harassed at a show so the front section doesn't appeal to me.
Most if not all of the Cirque shows have high acts. The featured parts of Ka in fact are in the vertical rather than horizontal plane.

I prefer front and center though back a ways is good. I like to see the performers up reasonably tight. You are almost inside the stage in the front sections of Mystere.

The argument for back a ways is that the shows have vast scope...and it can be hard to see some overall view if you get too close.

Old 11-13-2012, 01:21 PM

62 posts, read 113,287 times
KA. and the theater at the MGM is not very big, so even the cheapest/worst seats are amazing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas