Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 09:23 AM

1,460 posts, read 2,807,254 times

Advertisements

I miss the internet before all the normal people came.

Even commenting on a sports article turns into a liberal v conservative thing, lol.

I find Jaxliving statement a little amusing seeing how most people have very little clue about our government or politics, they simply vote for the party their dad belonged to. We are socially conditioned by the family unit at an early age to support candidates of a certain party. Many times people actually vote against their own interest.

In other words, not much thought goes into to choosing a candidate, not by most people anyways.

I did think about bringing up some of the local stuff though, like how people felt about the special session question or the property tax for schools one.

Whoever wins will have my support because I love my country, God Bless America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2012, 09:30 AM

110 posts, read 174,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exaday View Post
Whoever wins will have my support because I love my country, God Bless America.
Yep!

Not one person in office is going to affect me directly. I will keep on living life and enjoying what I do.

I voted, yet I know it wont really matter.

Old 11-06-2012, 09:47 AM

1,460 posts, read 2,807,254 times
And for whoever left this rep comment "HUH?????!!!! What in the world are you talking about???"

It's very hard to understand what you are asking, why not just ask in this thread?

I don't think what I wrote was hard for anyone to comprehend. I'll restate what I said in a different way that might be more palatable for the person though. You are welcome to disagree and say why you disagree as this is a forum.

It is my opinion that most people have very little actual knowledge about the government and how it operates. This does not stop people from being experts though. Most people learn party loyalties as part of a social identity that forms early in life and starts predominately with the family unit.

Chances are you vote the same way your parents do and belong to the same religion for that matter.

Party affiliation is less a personal choice than it is learned behavior.

So I say Jaxliving comment is amusing because most peoples choice has little to do with how informed they are (people are going to believe what they want to anyways-confirmation bias) and more to do with a variety of social factors that occurred throughout their early childhood.

I myself believe in supporting the POTUS regardless of if I voted for him or not, because in my opinion that is the patriotic thing to do.

I also said you can't go anywhere on the internet without it turning into a partisan fight. I believe I may have said something about missing the way the internet was before it was invaded by droves of people. The average guy is on the internet now, 20 years ago the internet was like a special little community (what this had to do with the topic is unknown by even myself other than too many people now have a forum to discuss their unwanted opinions about politics, including me I propose.)

There are some current local election (remember we have those) that I had considered discussing with people on these forums.

I hate it when people use the rep system to ask questions or insult.

Old 11-07-2012, 02:18 AM

1,596 posts, read 2,810,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Our phone stopped ringing. Hallelujah!!
I hear that. It's hard to imagine what people in the "swing states" had to put up with. As it is, I've not been answering my phone for the past month unless Caller ID shows it's a number I recognize.

Bill

Old 11-07-2012, 09:44 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,675,571 times
Yeah, being in a swing state is an annoying thing come election time. Now that we've both changed to independent we are either going to be ignored or harassed by both sides.

Old 11-07-2012, 11:28 AM

10,864 posts, read 16,986,499 times
It's 10:30am, and the phone hasn't rung ONCE. Nobody has rang my doorbell, either.

"It's morning in America again!"

Old 11-07-2012, 02:09 PM

17,914 posts, read 43,394,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoopLV View Post
It's 10:30am, and the phone hasn't rung ONCE. Nobody has rang my doorbell, either.

"It's morning in America again!"

Old 11-07-2012, 05:43 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,946,956 times
You guys talk like there was an election or something... wait, there was? I better get to the polling station quick! (ZOOM!!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas