Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2012, 09:49 PM

4 posts, read 5,530 times

Advertisements

I am a Certified Medical Assistant who is looking for a job. I have been an MA for a good year and a half but just recently got certified. I really need a job tho, I am now ready to take on life. Please help!:/ Anybody have any suggestions or places that are hiring. I would be forever greatful because you would be pretty much saving my life right now. I am 20 years old and living by myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2012, 08:17 AM

1,460 posts, read 2,808,424 times
Ah that sucks dude.

I met a guy a while back at the free clinic who was very intelligent and carried himself very well who was just about to graduate from PIMA.

He said he had graduated with the best grades in his class.

I felt badly for the guy because I knew that he'd likely never find a job :-(

You could be that guy for all I know.

It's depressing, but most places want you to have experience. If you were a cute girl it might make up for that. MA is a nearly worthless degree. I think you'd make little more than a security guard would if you found a job. My advice would be to go back to school and become a nurse or something else. Those schools tell people that there is all this demand and that you will find job, it's not right in my opinion to fill these kids with false hope.

You're probably better than an MA. Get a job doing something else and keep trying to get a job as MA as well. Surely you would still have some education benefits left, student loans, something. CSN is pretty cheap. You could look into the RN program. Males can do well in the RN field, though they often run into the same "experience" issue. New grads have it tough.

On the same note I know a great girl who got a degree as a dental assistant. She was excited, took her so long to get a job that by the time she did she had virtually forgotten all the technical skills she had learned and was fired for not being able to perform to the standard. Terrible.

Never say never though. Perhaps your next application will be a winner.

If I were I'd join the Army :P Go see the world and get some experience.

Old 11-09-2012, 10:51 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Maybe this one? It's not ideal, but it's an MA job.

Medical Assistant - Float to clinics in LV and Pahrump

Old 11-10-2012, 12:42 PM

9,376 posts, read 11,946,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exaday View Post
Ah that sucks dude.

I met a guy a while back at the free clinic who was very intelligent and carried himself very well who was just about to graduate from PIMA.

He said he had graduated with the best grades in his class.

I felt badly for the guy because I knew that he'd likely never find a job :-(

You could be that guy for all I know.

It's depressing, but most places want you to have experience. If you were a cute girl it might make up for that. MA is a nearly worthless degree. I think you'd make little more than a security guard would if you found a job. My advice would be to go back to school and become a nurse or something else. Those schools tell people that there is all this demand and that you will find job, it's not right in my opinion to fill these kids with false hope.

You're probably better than an MA. Get a job doing something else and keep trying to get a job as MA as well. Surely you would still have some education benefits left, student loans, something. CSN is pretty cheap. You could look into the RN program. Males can do well in the RN field, though they often run into the same "experience" issue. New grads have it tough.

On the same note I know a great girl who got a degree as a dental assistant. She was excited, took her so long to get a job that by the time she did she had virtually forgotten all the technical skills she had learned and was fired for not being able to perform to the standard. Terrible.

Never say never though. Perhaps your next application will be a winner.

If I were I'd join the Army :P Go see the world and get some experience.
Good advice about the Army. Funny, I was just talking to a young girl (26) last night who was in the service, working as a medic. She loves it. Her goal is to travel, pure and simple. If you can hack it, it seems as if it is a great way to get educated, travel, have benefits and pay. Not everyone would like that lifestyle, though.

Old 11-11-2012, 08:16 PM

4 posts, read 5,530 times
Well i do have experience in hospitals:/ I have to keep trying tho. I won't give up because theirs always hope. Las Vegas is a big BEAUTIFUL city that i love, It's the Desert of Dreams to me. There is tons of doctors offices, psychiatrists offices, hospitals and rehab's. One of the many has to take me:/

Old 11-11-2012, 09:14 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,413,498 times
I think you need to realize that most doctors are not in hiring mode at this time. Doctors are facing serious decreases in reimbursements from Medicare. We have not replaced one person who left so we laid off by attrition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: