Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2012, 08:25 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,157,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
Eagle Sentry is very competent. Las Vegas Home Theater & Security
They look pricey but I will still give them a call tomorrow. Hopefully after this weekend I will have 3 solid quotes.

Thanks

Sent from cell...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2012, 10:11 PM

10,864 posts, read 16,994,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
They look pricey but I will still give them a call tomorrow. Hopefully after this weekend I will have 3 solid quotes.
They wired our house when it was built. I have no complaints about their work. But ours was installed at the time of construction. So I don't know what, if anything, that recommendation is worth.

Old 11-21-2012, 09:13 AM

7,112 posts, read 13,157,837 times
Quotes are all over the place. Some from Craigslist others from the yellow pages with positive Angie's List comments.

Range was from $500-1500+.

1st quote- $1000 with all the equipment needed(except receiver). Downstairs only.(Craigs Lists)

2nd quote- $1500+ for upstairs and downstairs wiring and speaker install only. Another discount if I "bundle" a security camera system all around my home. I inquired about extra cameras being installed, since they specialize in this also. (K&B Communications)

3rd quote- $500- Drill all measured holes and have wires ready and waiting at each hole. Nothing else. (recommendation from a member on here)

The 3rd quote is the best for what I need. I can install my own speakers and hook up the receiver with no problems but I do not need any now.

The best thing about getting all three of the quotes is that all of the techs came to my home and explained in detailed what they were going to do, how they were going to do it, and what tools they were going to use. The guy that quoted me $500 even took me up in the upstairs attic the break down in full detail on how he does everything. I had no choice but to be honest with the guy and tell him that I could EASILY do everything myself. I gave him $50 for his advice, tips and gas and told him thanks.

I just finished running my wires for the master bedroom. Next will be the the family room.

Last edited by von949; 11-21-2012 at 09:33 AM..

Old 11-21-2012, 09:16 AM

2,180 posts, read 4,537,318 times
Cool... post pictures, I am interested in hearing how they do this kind of thing.
peace
Schu
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: