Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 03:07 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,118,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
But what can you expect of a restaurant named after an obnoxious cat??????

Ive heard GREAT things about Marche Baccus and next time we leave 1955 we may give it a try ....I personally LOVE French Cuisine after living there for 3 years.......my wife otoh has dealt with too mant French tourists to want to try it ...... we'll see who wins THAT one......

Hint.......bet on her she always wns.
She'd like it just for the experience , Dyni especially if the weather is nice. As I mentioned above, I'm not a French cuisine fan, but I've always managed to find something on the menu that was acceptable. The last time I went there, I took my uncle and he absolutely scarfed down the salmon dish he ordered.

He lived less than five miles from the place but had never heard of it until I asked him to meet me there for lunch.

The secret is out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2012, 04:18 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,110,824 times
do they have escargot on the menue????? if so I may have to sneak in there .....IF theyre done in the shell and not in a pile of dough

Old 12-02-2012, 04:39 PM

Here's the menu page

http://www.marchebacchus.com/menus/

Old 12-02-2012, 06:57 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,110,824 times
Merci' madame....zay half EEEET the correct way )))))))))

NOW if you go into the restaurant and order a well done steakm and the chef comes our and burys his ceaver in the table screaming in half english half french "NON, I vill NOT MURDERRR my meat..... THEN yu have authenticity

I was stitting in a restaurant on the place ronde in toul France in 1964 when my next door neighbor complained because his steak was too rare........ ya gotta love the French .....

I on the other hand, being the world traveler that I was...ordered French Onion Soup.....and was informed by the waiter that "ZEES EES France monsoir, ALL our zoup id Franchhhh"

TRU incidents, BOTH.......I loved it over there

Old 12-02-2012, 07:08 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,800,908 times
Hit Marche Baccus today for the brunch. Place is still fine. Waitress suggested a bottle of Champagne and a glass of orange juice rather than ordering Mimosas...Saved a bundle.

Food was excellent all plates completely cleared. Ate the eggs ala Benedict mostly. Canadian guests pigged out on the pommes frites. Service was fine and in the french style...not overpowering.

Next table turned out to be an my controller from my corporate days, his wife and RE Agent daughter. Small world ain't it.

Discussed the top 10 with staff. View was a nice kick in business but that the will not get to be difficult to get into or any of that. They claim the place and location is simply too obscure for most Strip attendees.

Old 12-02-2012, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Hit Marche Baccus today for the brunch. Place is still fine. Waitress suggested a bottle of Champagne and a glass of orange juice rather than ordering Mimosas...Saved a bundle.

Food was excellent all plates completely cleared. Ate the eggs ala Benedict mostly. Canadian guests pigged out on the pommes frites. Service was fine and in the french style...not overpowering.

Next table turned out to be an my controller from my corporate days, his wife and RE Agent daughter. Small world ain't it.

Discussed the top 10 with staff. View was a nice kick in business but that the will not get to be difficult to get into or any of that. They claim the place and location is simply too obscure for most Strip attendees.
Glad to hear it, LVOC. Thanks for the update.

Old 12-02-2012, 08:32 PM

2,700 posts, read 4,938,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
That's the thing. It wasn't really a "name" before. It's a little bistro attached to a wine market in Desert Shores, which is a residential area. They have lakeside seating outdoors which is pleasant both in warm weather and cooler weather because they have taken pains to make sure that the main patio area has a cover and a big fireplace.

It's a very pleasant place. I'm hoping the new designation doesn't result in it being completely overrun by people that have to try the latest thing, though I do wish the place great success.
I agree..Usually once it becomes the "in" thing people cause it to go all to hell sometimes.. Sounds like a nice place to go but I am not a french food person usually....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas