Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 10:34 AM

8 posts, read 21,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
The point was and is that thereis no "South". There are thousand of communities that run from the warm and friendly to the xenophobic to the racist. I grew up in Kentucky. The monied of Lousville, the hill folk from behind Paducah and the landed gentry of Bardstown had utterly different social situations. And they were not all sweet and friendly. We grew up forbidden to attend a masonic affair or to set foot in a protestant church.

I and a number of posters here find the situations in Las Vegas quite a compatible one. It is not better than other big cities. It is very much the same. The nice suburbs of every big American city are pretty close to interchangable.

We are sorry your situation came out badly. But it was not the fault of Las Vegas. You may have made some bad choices or you may simply have been unlucky. No way to tell. And your return south may be great or you may run into the anguish that often afflicts those who try to go back....and find out that what they remember is no longer there.
You are in this message board way too deep. Yeah, I thought your opening dialog about Jena and the kkk was suspect. Just a lead-in to discuss you, and rehash your tales of woe. Probably for the 1000th time hoping MrVegas might sympathize that your established pillars of high society would not include you. Not interested.

-MrVegas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2007, 10:38 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,200,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVegas View Post
You are in this message board way too deep. Yeah, I thought your opening dialog about Jena and the kkk was suspect. Just a lead-in to discuss you, and rehash your tales of woe. Probably for the 1000th time hoping MrVegas might sympathize that your established pillars of high society would not include you. Not interested.

-MrVegas
There we go. Signs off with a complete non sequitur. Figures.

Old 10-25-2007, 09:21 PM

6,048 posts, read 18,422,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVegas View Post
Saw my first klan rally up close and personal in the south. Didn't change me. Didn't phase me.
Please, PLEASE, people! FAZE, not PHASE!.....
Back to your regularly scheduled program...

Old 10-25-2007, 10:10 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,110,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southlander View Post
I must be out of phase......or is that out of faze? or does it matter on the internet?

Old 10-25-2007, 10:13 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,110,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
wow! Has olecapt finally met his match?
nawwwwww. my monies on olecapt....he ain't had a match since superman died

Old 10-25-2007, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
nawwwwww. my monies on olecapt....he ain't had a match since superman died

You have never met the Admiral.

Old 10-27-2007, 06:40 PM

6,048 posts, read 18,422,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
I must be out of phase......or is that out of faze? or does it matter on the internet?
If it's in print, it matters...even on the internet.

Old 10-27-2007, 07:01 PM

Quote:
If it's in print, it matters...even on the internet.
"Yup...fraid so" otherwise language will revert to the lowest common denominator. I decline to be bound by the exigencies of text messaging or the need to illustrate my intended message with emoticons. If you can't read the nuances of the language...well you can't read the nuances of the language.

Old 10-28-2007, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Correct. Faze is the word I was shooting for.

Thanx for the correction.

-MrVegas

Old 10-28-2007, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
There we go. Signs off with a complete non sequitur. Figures.
Smart man.

-MrVegas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas