Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 06:29 PM

23 posts, read 94,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by airics View Post
i agree with olecapt, sue her.. don't be afraid of this.. get down to the court house and file
One quick tip, Brosati-- if you do decide to sue, sue for the maximum amount allowed in small claims-- $5,000. If you win your case the judge may award less than you ask for, but (s)he's not going to award more.

It will cost you $83 to file, plus the cost to serve. Do it! Even if you decide not to go through with it and don't show up, the case will be dropped and she will have suffered a few sleepless nights herself. That sounds mean but remember she's the one who wanted to be unreasonable and get litigious. She's the reason you have mugshots and fingerprints on file. She's the one putting your sweet dogs' lives at risk over nothing. Play her game by her rules, maybe she'll learn a lesson.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2008, 09:10 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,496,245 times
so much work...so much money spent...so much hassle...for such a minor thing. Brosati, my friend...I feel your pain. This is pure bull crap.

Old 02-08-2008, 10:55 AM

255 posts, read 361,456 times
I know this might sound silly, but is there such a thing as a pet psychiatrist or a place where I can have my dogs examined for behavioral evaluation? I’m wondering if it would help my case when I report for my arraignment on February 21st if I had a signed affidavit from a certified professional stating the my dog’s show no signs of vicious behavior.

I’m so worried that even if I plead not guilty to the charge of unlawful possession of a vicious animal, the judge may order that my dogs be picked up and impounded for observation.

I really appreciate everyone’s advice. Perhaps when this is all over I will find the motivation to sue this woman, but I’m not really a vindictive person. Right now I just want to do whatever it takes to make sure I don’t lose my labs. Punishing this woman is not my number one priority; saving my dogs is.

Old 02-08-2008, 11:06 AM

Hmmmm....there must be...did you ever see that Hispanic guy (The Dog Whisperer) on the National Geographic channel? He's about the closest I can think of to a pet psychiatrist. Don't know what it takes to track him down....but it may be worth it. I think he's based out of CA.

If you can get him on your side...I'm sure that would convince the DA's office.

Welcome to Cesar Millan's Official Web Site

Cesar Millan - Dog Psychology Center

Last edited by jfkIII; 02-08-2008 at 11:37 AM..

Old 02-08-2008, 12:00 PM

255 posts, read 361,456 times
jfkIII, I tried to give you a rep, but apparently I've given you too many. It told me I have to spread them around a bit first.....sorry about that!

Old 02-08-2008, 12:48 PM

np...thx anyway. I hope that helps.

Old 02-08-2008, 12:55 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,110,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brosati View Post
I know this might sound silly, but is there such a thing as a pet psychiatrist or a place where I can have my dogs examined for behavioral evaluation? I’m wondering if it would help my case when I report for my arraignment on February 21st if I had a signed affidavit from a certified professional stating the my dog’s show no signs of vicious behavior.

Before this is over you may need one that shrinks people heads too.

Old 02-08-2008, 03:25 PM

12,908 posts, read 27,991,974 times
for heaven's sake, i am a dog lover myself with 3, just sue her and this might just go away.. do not wait.

Old 02-08-2008, 04:37 PM

23 posts, read 94,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brosati View Post
Definitely! Speak with an animal behaviorist from the ASPCA. They evaluate dogs before they adopt them out. Maybe contact someone at LV Animal Control for an evaluation. Talk to your vet too. Get recommendations/evaluations from all of these people and bring copies to the hearing.

Maybe contact your local news. I'm don't watch TV much here but I know in my previous state we had a "problem solvers" segment at our local news station. People would call in about various issues and injustices and pressure from the news investigator would pretty much solve any dispute or legal matter with the third-party. I'm sure there's something along those lines in LV. Call in and see if anyone's interested in broadcasting your case. There's so many animal lovers out there who will feel sympathy for you.

You should makes some video clips of your dogs. Show them interacting with you and your family, show them at the dog park interacting well with other strangers and their dogs. Walk them on the strip with hundreds of strangers to demonstrate that they are NOT vicious animals, but friendly and sociable and safe. Hell, recreate the scene in your driveway with a friendly neighbor. Show how your dogs get jumpy and excited but in no way violent or dangerous. Bring the DVD to court. Post it on YouTube with your whole sob story-- you never know how viral these stories can be-- just look at the length of this thread!

Take pictures of your pups at home with the family. Snuggled up to a baby (your kid, niece, nephew, etc?), playing in the backyard, at the dog park, out on the town, greeting people. Have a professional family photo with your dogs taken in front of your home. Make it clear that your dogs are adored and gentle members of your family.

Sign up immediately for obedience training, even though your dogs don't "need it" they will benefit and it will look good in court. They can do a LOT of good in a week or two, so they will be on their best behavior if a court-ordered evaluation is ordered.

Along with obedience training, you should inquire at a local pet therapy group to see if your dogs can become qualified therapy animals. You know, where people take their pets to hospitals and senior centers to cheer people up? If they can qualify for that type of work, they are GOOD dogs.

If they still want to take your dogs away after all that, contact PETA with an urgent complaint. You can round up some protesters to rally outside the courthouse and make a scene against unjust animal cruelty.

And if all else fails, I'd be happy to swing by your place and "steal" your dogs until all this blows over...

Last edited by LasVegasHill; 02-08-2008 at 04:55 PM..

Old 02-09-2008, 05:31 AM

12 posts, read 99,082 times
I think you should put a large cut out of Michael Vick on your lawn ,so the ladies can see it next time they walk by,and they will cancel the charges against you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
View detailed profiles of: