Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 02:05 AM

23 posts, read 83,602 times

Advertisements

Hi, I was wondering for those who live inside the LVCC Condos, do the car's parked there get hit by golf balls? Is it common, very rare, or does it never happen? Also are there covered spots for those Condos? Based on the aerial satellite view it does not appear so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2013, 08:27 AM

99 posts, read 128,832 times
As a member of LVCC I will say anything is possible. No place 100% safe. There are a lot of condos surrounding the course. You will have to be more specific. Based on which hole it is on and where on that hole I can venture a guess.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:25 PM

I am not sure what hole it is I am just basing this off of google maps but there are multiple units available in the far north west corner of the country club. Some on Oakmont Ave. and some on Geary Pl. I am just concerned that while parked there my car will get hit by a golf ball. Golf balls would cause a good amount of damage to a car and it seems as though those condos do not have covered parking.

Old 01-11-2013, 03:18 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,340,514 times
Forget the golf balls - worry about your allergies.

Old 01-11-2013, 03:38 PM

1,410 posts, read 3,317,694 times
And crime !

Old 01-11-2013, 07:16 PM

638 posts, read 2,242,915 times
Hi. I lived on Oakmont Ave when they were apartments, before the condo conversion happened. This was 2004-2005. My building was in the cluster backing up to the course. I remember the Hilton being like right behind the building. I never had a problem with golf balls. Actually, the thought never even crossed my mind when I was living there. The parking lots are all in front of the buildings and are sort of guarded from the course. I loved living there and was sad when I got kicked out of my apartment when the investors took it over. I think they called it Monterray Bay or something... When I was living there it was called the Village Green. It was a nice place to live and the rent was only 695! I had a one bedroom. I had great neighbors, most of them were long term elderly residents, and I loved that it was so close to both 15 and 95. You were pretty much only 15 or 20 minutes from anywhere in the valley. The only thing I did not like about it was the surrounding area. The grocery store on Maryland and Sahara was a little sketchy. I have not been there in years, so Im sure it might be cleaner now. Did not mean to go off on a tangent, but my memories of the place are so good, but fuzzy since I was not there very long. Long story longer... I dont think you need to worry about the golf balls. Im sure you will be fine.

Last edited by MR77; 01-11-2013 at 07:29 PM..

Old 01-12-2013, 12:57 AM

2,037 posts, read 2,989,230 times
how much is the rent there?

Old 01-12-2013, 05:54 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR77 View Post
The only thing I did not like about it was the surrounding area. The grocery store on Maryland and Sahara was a little sketchy. I have not been there in years, so I'm sure it might be cleaner now. .
Nope. If anything, that area has gotten worse over the last few years.

Old 01-13-2013, 06:44 PM

I am also considering purchasing but was wondering how much total percentage of value of home of taxes should I expect to pay per year. I will be moving to Vegas from a different state so am unfamiliar with all the taxes I should expect to pay if I were to own one. Also how much is the HOA there?

Old 01-14-2013, 11:53 AM

99 posts, read 128,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny13oi View Post
I am also considering purchasing but was wondering how much total percentage of value of home of taxes should I expect to pay per year. I will be moving to Vegas from a different state so am unfamiliar with all the taxes I should expect to pay if I were to own one. Also how much is the HOA there?
I pay about 1% for my home on Bel Air for taxes. HOA is another question. There are 753,218 sub-associations and god only knows which one applies. I think I pay $229 total and that includes my front yeard water and maintenance, guard, lights etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny13oi View Post
I am not sure what hole it is I am just basing this off of google maps but there are multiple units available in the far north west corner of the country club. Some on Oakmont Ave. and some on Geary Pl. I am just concerned that while parked there my car will get hit by a golf ball. Golf balls would cause a good amount of damage to a car and it seems as though those condos do not have covered parking.

I would not worry a lot about either. The ones on Geary and on that side of Oakmont are on hole 18 and it does not set up to cause a lot of balls to get to the parking lot. To even get to the condos is a really bad hook. The other side of Oakmont is on 16 and that is a little worse. But in either event the parking lots appear to be pretty safe from raining golf balls. Look at both holes and look for the sand traps part way down the fairway. Draw an arc around those and that is your danger zone. Better to be really close to t box or just beyound those traps. Gotta hit a monsterous sky hook to get over the buildings. That being said, a golf ball can go anywhere and the things I have seen happen on courses would boggle the mind. Never me though!!!

If you do not care about a golf course view than pick on in that center triangle. SHould be fine.

YMMV.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas