Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 09:08 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,828,984 times

Advertisements

No monopoly there....try I25/I40 in ABQ...idiots abound.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2013, 09:42 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
and people wonder why someone thinks LV drivers are rude.
Yeah, not a good idea to **** people off on purpose, especially on the freeway.

My ex was the road rage type. If someone did something like that to him he would intentionally get in front of them and throw whatever Big Gulp he had handy out of the sunroof, splashing the windshield of whoever had irritated him. People have also been killed over road rage incidents.

The people that get me are the ones that treat surface streets like freeways. Really folks? I'm doing five miles over the posted speed limit and you are tailgating me and flashing your lights? Take a pill, man. It's only happened a couple of times, but people seem to think Ann Rd is an extension of the 215.
/end rant

Old 01-15-2013, 10:14 PM

134 posts, read 177,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
and people wonder why someone thinks LV drivers are rude.
I drive the speed LIMIT. If it's the limit there is no reason for them to be speeding. I'm not breaking the law.....they are. If they are running that far behind schedule they should have left earlier. I plan ahead. It's not my fault if they don't. St. Louis drivers were more courteous than Las Vegas drivers. Utah drivers?........about the same as Las Vegas

Old 01-15-2013, 10:32 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,157,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vxflyboy View Post
I drive the speed LIMIT. If it's the limit there is no reason for them to be speeding. I'm not breaking the law.....they are. If they are running that far behind schedule they should have left earlier. I plan ahead. It's not my fault if they don't. St. Louis drivers were more courteous than Las Vegas drivers. Utah drivers?........about the same as Las Vegas
Well then, why do we have express lanes and multiple lanes for traffic? What about emergencies?

(Quick story)

During my first year in Vegas, I was traveling south on I-15. There was a metro patrol car in the middle lane of traffic. Traffic was moving about 65mph and slower. Nobody was passing anyone. Everyone was scared. The patrol car switched a couple of lanes but seemed to be getting nowhere. Traffic was very stagnant and seemed to keep slowing down. I lost sight of the patrol car and figured he exited off of Spring Mountain. So I set my cruise control(like I ways do) to 75mph....maybe 80.

I started passing everyone. Felt like warp speed because everyone continued to maintain the 60ish pace. I didn't know why. Then as I got ahead of the heard, I looked over to my right and there was the patrol car. He didn't exit. He weaved through the annoying traffic to get ahead. We are both doing about 10-15 miles over. Before I can slow down, he gives me a thumbs up.

That's when I figured Vegas wouldn't be so bad.

Posted from Nokia 8210

Old 01-16-2013, 01:24 AM

670 posts, read 1,104,658 times
Quote:
Yup. same here. Folks here are more rude than other places I have lived (which includes Texas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Idaho and Utah) so I just usually **** them off and hang in the left lane driving juuuuuuuust fast enough to keep up with the right hand lane where they cannot pass. Ha Ha Ha Ha. Take THAT!!
So, you admit to pissing people off then comment on how rude people are?

Quote:
I drive the speed LIMIT. If it's the limit there is no reason for them to be speeding. I'm not breaking the law.....they are.
You realize by blocking the left lane, driving the speed limit or not, YOU are breaking the law right?

Nevada Law:
NRS 484.373 Duties of driver driving motor vehicle at speed so slow as to impede forward movement of traffic; move right if impeding movement of traffic

The Uniform Vehicle Code states:
Upon all roadways any vehicle proceeding at less than the normal speed of traffic at the time and place and under the conditions then existing shall be driven in the right-hand lane then available for traffic ... Note that this law refers to the "normal" speed of traffic, not the "legal" speed of traffic. The 60 MPH driver in a 55 MPH zone where everybody else is going 65 MPH must move right.

Also note that Police looking for criminal activity are aware of the "keep right" laws and will use them as an excuse to stop a suspicious car.

Last edited by vtvette; 01-16-2013 at 01:44 AM..

Old 01-16-2013, 05:38 AM

2,544 posts, read 2,737,099 times
Quote:

Well you can still pull over to the right lane so people who don't want to do the speed limit can pass.

Old 01-16-2013, 06:44 AM

43 posts, read 69,824 times
but by law, you can not go faster than the maximum posted speed limit.... I drive the speed limit in the middle lane of a 3 lane road and apparently I am pissing people off by going too slow, because I get lights flashed at me.

Old 01-16-2013, 06:45 AM

43 posts, read 69,824 times
forget about it if I do 55 or 60 in the middle lane then they freak out... even if I do 55 in the right lane of a min speed 45 max 65 road, they still curse at me.

Old 01-16-2013, 07:15 AM

2,180 posts, read 4,537,318 times
OP... get a faster car.

Old 01-16-2013, 07:39 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,113,750 times
Peddle faster Fred!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas