Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 07:40 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,132,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MollieW View Post
We moved from Orange County California because of the rise in gangs. San Diego has seen a large surge in this too. Check your facts before moving! Good luck and best wishes if you decide to move.Denise
No doubt that SD's nice areas are far more superb to LV's nice areas but SD's bad areas are are also more dangerous than anything in LV. It goes both ways.

Posted from Nokia 8210
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2013, 08:16 PM

1,376 posts, read 3,076,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by von949 View Post
No doubt that SD's nice areas are far more superb to LV's nice areas but SD's bad areas are are also more dangerous than anything in LV. It goes both ways.

Posted from Nokia 8210
They seem the same to me, same as east LA; crap that you know to stay out of.

As of 2011 everything I read states than Las Vegas actually has more gangs than San Diego. I see varying reports on the numbers but it's about 12.8k vs 7.8k.

I have no idea of the accuracy of this, but it's an interesting comparison between the two places:

San Diego, California vs Las Vegas, Nevada

Edit: gang members not gangs...isn't gangs a weird word?

Old 02-07-2013, 08:33 PM

10,494 posts, read 27,176,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggrofish View Post

As of 2011 everything I read states than Las Vegas actually has more gangs than San Diego. I see varying reports on the numbers but it's about 12.8k vs 7.8k.

I have no idea of the accuracy of this, but it's an interesting comparison between the two places:

In other words, the weather is much better as I already know, and the crime is lower according to your link. The only bad thing from the link is more rain than Las Vegas. Overall, I think I will be a very happy camper when I relocate to San Diego.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:16 PM

7,112 posts, read 13,132,258 times
^^^Much more expensive also.

Posted from Nokia 8210

Old 02-07-2013, 10:37 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,938,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by las vegas drunk View Post
I have had enough as Las Vegas has turned into a complete and utter hell hole. I always have wanted to live in San Diego.
Ah yes.... another "slam-the-entire-city-of-Las-Vegas-right-before-I-leave-so-that-I-can-feel-justified-in-my-decision" thread. How many of these have we had now?

Face it, LVD: you always lived in a terrible part of town if you were trying to avoid crime. You always justified it because of the cheap rent. Cognitive dissonance?

Old 02-07-2013, 11:06 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,758,002 times
Quote:

Another of the irrational comparisons. You know as soon as you see the populations. Las Vegas is not the city of Las Vegas. It is mostly unincorporated Clark County.

Old 02-07-2013, 11:13 PM

1,376 posts, read 3,076,758 times
Yes I know everything ever published by anyone regarding Vegas is either asinine, invalid, statistically erroneous, flawed, manipulated, opinion vs fact, or somehow irrelevant to what is being discussed.

Old 02-07-2013, 11:29 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,758,002 times
Quote:
Yes I know everything ever published by anyone regarding Vegas is either asinine, invalid, statistically erroneous, flawed, manipulated, opinion vs fact, or somehow irrelevant to what is being discussed.

You are of course being facetious - but you are also more correct than wrong.

Old 02-08-2013, 02:41 AM

12,908 posts, read 27,924,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
Ah yes.... another "slam-the-entire-city-of-Las-Vegas-right-before-I-leave-so-that-I-can-feel-justified-in-my-decision" thread. How many of these have we had now?

Face it, LVD: you always lived in a terrible part of town if you were trying to avoid crime. You always justified it because of the cheap rent. Cognitive dissonance?
Ain't that the truth!

Old 02-08-2013, 05:06 AM

1,631 posts, read 3,945,058 times
NV energy had uniforms stolen and people are pretending to work for NV energy to get into homes and rob them.

NV Energy issues consumer alert to customers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas